Active X Controller Blocked with Firewall turned Off

When trying to load a report from software we're using, Windows is blocking
an Active X control. The Windows firewall is turned off. The IE - Security
Warning States: "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify
the publisher.
Name: npviewer.exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher"

It doesn't offer the option to download anyway. Only to hit 'OK'. Please
help! Thank you in advance.--BAM
2 answers Last reply
More about active controller blocked firewall turned

    How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016

    Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017
    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh

    "Brady" <Brady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to load a report from software we're using, Windows is
    blocking
    > an Active X control. The Windows firewall is turned off. The IE -
    Security
    > Warning States: "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify
    > the publisher.
    > Name: npviewer.exe
    > Publisher: Unknown Publisher"
    >
    > It doesn't offer the option to download anyway. Only to hit 'OK'. Please
    > help! Thank you in advance.--BAM

    If the active X control is already installed on your computer you may need to
    enable it. With IE open click tools\manage add-ons and then see if the active
    X control is installed and disabled. If it is then click on it, to highlight
    it, and then put a dot in the enabled option down the bottom. TTFN.
    --
    There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those
    that can't.

Firewalls Activex Windows XP