Active X Controller Blocked with Firewall turned Off

May 4, 2005 11:58:05 AM

When trying to load a report from software we're using, Windows is blocking
an Active X control. The Windows firewall is turned off. The IE - Security
Warning States: "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify
the publisher.
Name: npviewer.exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher"

It doesn't offer the option to download anyway. Only to hit 'OK'. Please
help! Thank you in advance.--BAM
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:42:42 AM

How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017
--
HTH
Venkatesh

"Brady" <Brady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to load a report from software we're using, Windows is
blocking
> an Active X control. The Windows firewall is turned off. The IE -
Security
> Warning States: "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify
> the publisher.
> Name: npviewer.exe
> Publisher: Unknown Publisher"
>
> It doesn't offer the option to download anyway. Only to hit 'OK'. Please
> help! Thank you in advance.--BAM

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:42:43 AM

If the active X control is already installed on your computer you may need to
enable it. With IE open click tools\manage add-ons and then see if the active
X control is installed and disabled. If it is then click on it, to highlight
it, and then put a dot in the enabled option down the bottom. TTFN.
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those
that can't.