Sign in with
Your question

Good Strong/Reasonably Quiet Exhaust Fan Replacement (120mm)

Last response: in Overclocking
May 4, 2007 3:27:18 AM

I am looking for a replacement for my current exhuast fan which is a stock case fan. I have looked at the Sharktoon Silent Eagle "Golf Ball" and the SCYTHE S-FLEX™ 120mm 1600 rpm (which I am getting replace the intake fan). Are there any other relatively quiet fans that move a lot of air that you would suggest?

I was also looking at the Panaflo M1 Here
May 4, 2007 3:56:49 AM

I have just recieved 2 fans from Scythe. One is the fan used for thier Infinity and the second is the Minebea 73cfm @ like 30dBA. I plugged in the Minebea to the Mobo and at 30dBA you can definatley hear it but its not loud. And it moves a ton of air. I got both fan delivered for $15.00 :)  shipped!! Scythes custome serveice is OUTSTANDING!!!
May 4, 2007 10:48:41 AM

anyone else?
Related resources
May 4, 2007 11:40:27 AM

I just put two Scythe flex 1200's in and they are extremely quiet. I'd guess the 1600's might be a little louder but still better than most.
May 4, 2007 3:21:16 PM

Does anyone have experience in using either the Panaflo M1 or the Sharktoon Silent Eagle "Golf Ball" for an exhaust fan?
May 6, 2007 6:17:16 PM

I am satisfied with my Scythe S-Flex
May 6, 2007 9:24:28 PM

Quote:
Does anyone have experience in using either the Panaflo M1 or the Sharktoon Silent Eagle "Golf Ball" for an exhaust fan?
I use Panaflow fans in my SOHO tower case. At 12 volts they move TONS of air, but are also quite loud. I run both a 120x38 and a 80x25 at about 7 volts. They are very quiet, obviously run more slowly, but still move plenty of air. If you are going to run your fans straight off 12v molex connectors, I'd look elsewhere. Also, Panaflow fans are often sold as OEM products which do not have connectors. You have to solder up your own. Retail versions with the wiring tend to be pricey at $15 or more. The products are excellent, just more for a DIY/modder or OEM kind of customer.
!