Sign in with
Your question

is this for real? AMD quad core?

Last response: in CPUs
May 4, 2007 8:42:26 AM

http://multicore.amd.com/us-en/quadcore/

is this already for real? or just for show?

More about : real amd quad core

May 4, 2007 8:48:50 AM

Now: just for show.
May 4, 2007 12:54:16 PM

Quote:
This is a marketing advertisement, nothing else, it has been around for a while.

Damn, that's one big marketing video, I tried to sit through it all (my mind was getting numb lol) but I gave up when they reached VT... :lol: 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2007 1:14:27 PM

It's a marketing presentation but the AMD quad core processors are not on the market, yet. The information is for real but some will argue just how "true" it is.
May 4, 2007 10:01:36 PM

i lov the little balls = its like a pack man game - definitely 80's technology for that little presentation.

amd quad should rule - i am ready to switch
May 5, 2007 1:16:40 AM

of course its for real. Ouch...I see TG and and all intel fanatics are yellowing their pants/panties for this is the last of Intel, their master.
Eat your heart out TG admin and all your poppet gangs. AMD is about to destroy Intel and crash your party. Time to pack and leave.
Long live AMD. Gota Love IMC and HT3.
May 5, 2007 1:58:44 AM

Quote:
of course its for real. Ouch...I see TG and and all intel fanatics are yellowing their pants/panties for this is the last of Intel, their master.
Eat your heart out TG admin and all your poppet gangs. AMD is about to destroy Intel and crash your party. Time to pack and leave.

well...buying an intel part or two doesn't mean you wish for the death of AMD...but we are but consumers...and we will buy the cheapest best performing CPU we can...i went C2D (e4400) from socket A athlon...and i'm still crapping my pants!! i used to have a 939 3500+ venice...i could overclock it to 2.4ghz...but you couldn't notice...and this C2D is way faster than any athlon i've ever used.

K10 just HAS to dominate server applications...or AMD is through...but i have enough faith in AMD to know they have to stay appealing to datacenters...that alone is a huge segment of the cpu market.
May 5, 2007 2:36:08 AM

Quote:

Mike, I thought this account had been banned..... hmmmmm.That's what I thought too. :lol: 
a c 135 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 5, 2007 2:57:14 AM

yes. but as they say on there its not out yet.

Time will tell. The dual 128bit SSE will be a nice boost.
!