Sign in with
Your question

AMD K10 lineup details (Dailytech)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 4, 2007 10:37:29 AM

Seems interesting. Hopefully this'll actually release when they say it will be. R600 just totally put me off their release dates...
Related resources
May 4, 2007 10:46:01 AM

Q3 mentioned for orders, most likely we will be able to buy them in retail channel in Q4.

TDP for AgenaFX will be 95-125W. Most sites I checked mentioned 95W, but I guess AMD will be pushing for higher clocks and TDP will be up to 125.
May 4, 2007 10:52:59 AM

looks good...lets see wat happens in a few weeks...
May 4, 2007 11:05:32 AM

Uh oh .... those speeds are much lower than the expected 3 GHZ top bins 8O
May 4, 2007 11:52:06 AM

Quote:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7157

Now would they just hurry up and release these damn CPUs?
I notice that Phenom FX TDP is undecided yet, which leads me to believe they're having troubles getting the expected speeds. :?
To stick to the promised TDPs they also have to show something like 45W K8 X2s but their 65nm SOI has not gone any further up to now.
May 4, 2007 11:59:26 AM

Quote:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7157

Now would they just hurry up and release these damn CPUs?

The interesting thing is that the AM2+ X4s are to be released at the same time as the Socket F ones; if performance is about what they claim it to be... I'd like to see the price tag of the 2.2GHz model... should not be hard to get 2.8 GHz out of it with water cooling.
May 4, 2007 12:02:22 PM

Does the word "suckage" exist?
Probably not, but its just what these processors are... who had the idea to release 29385 different bus speeds?
Also low-power with 45W doesnt really look like low-power.
May 4, 2007 12:03:02 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see the price tag of the 2.2GHz model... should not be hard to get 2.8 GHz out of it with water cooling.
I'd like to have seen that with say top end air cooling but that's hoping for alot...
May 4, 2007 1:01:40 PM

Lookin none too shabby there eh.I hope the performance is as good as it seems.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
May 4, 2007 1:10:27 PM

Those 89 watt Agena X4s sound very tempting.
a c 99 à CPUs
May 4, 2007 1:18:32 PM

The bus speed appears to be 1.5x the core speed.
May 4, 2007 1:19:59 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see the price tag of the 2.2GHz model... should not be hard to get 2.8 GHz out of it with water cooling.
I'd like to have seen that with say top end air cooling but that's hoping for alot...
Probably you will be able to get 2.7-2.8 GHz with a Tuniq but I don't like that kind of coolers; too cumbersome and noisy for getting the job done properly. If I have to get a cooler that fills half of the case, it's better be liquid cooling; more efficient and quiet and even if you have to deal with water, it's still way safer than having a 1KG+ weight all hanging out of your motherboard.
May 4, 2007 1:44:37 PM

Quote:
Probably not, but its just what these processors are... who had the idea to release 29385 different bus speeds?

How is 45w not low power? tool
May 4, 2007 1:52:23 PM

Quote:

Oh yes, and having 3-4 differend HTT speeds is gay... :roll: As MU_Engineer noted, that is 1.5x the core speed and if the HTT/core ratio is fixed, that only makes performance scale more linearly with frequency.
May 4, 2007 1:56:32 PM

Quote:

Oh yes, and having 3-4 differend HTT speeds is gay... :roll:

I looked up "suckage" to see if it was a word. Turns out, there was no definition. only a picture of ycon.
May 4, 2007 2:51:50 PM

FX are returning to the desktop socket.

I wouldn't think one would need massive cooling to get to 2.8Ghz or higher, much as one doesn't need super-mad-impressive cooling now to get 2.8 or even 3Ghz out of a Brisbane. Different architecture, yes, but a more refined process and similar clocks. I could be wrong.

edit - I wonder how multipliers are going to factor in with all these different bus speeds. The 2.8Ghz dual-core has the highest speed so far.
May 4, 2007 3:09:16 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't think one would need massive cooling to get to 2.8Ghz or higher, much as one doesn't need super-mad-impressive cooling now to get 2.8 or even 3Ghz out of a Brisbane. Different architecture, yes, but a more refined process and similar clocks. I could be wrong.

edit - I wonder how multipliers are going to factor in with all these different bus speeds. The 2.8Ghz dual-core has the highest speed so far.

A 3.0GHz X4 may go past 150W, so liquid cooling might be a better solution.
May 4, 2007 3:18:58 PM

Quote:

Oh, no doubt for a quad core. It would be comparable (or slightly worse) compared to a QX6800 in terms of power consumption, and those things bake.
May 4, 2007 4:38:51 PM

Quote:

so get either a CoolIt Eliminator or a CoolIt Freezone....both great coolers...and they look cool.
May 4, 2007 5:58:28 PM

Looks good so far. I'd like to the price of the 45w X2 models.
May 5, 2007 6:14:08 AM

honestly, i expect these processors to be real expencive when they come out, but come down in price so they are competitive to c2d processors...
May 5, 2007 11:17:59 AM

Quote:
honestly, i expect these processors to be real expencive when they come out, but come down in price so they are competitive to c2d processors...

It all depends on how Intel will price their quads at that time; I hope to get a 2.2G Phenom X4 for around $400 and OC 2.8-3.0 out of it right from the start. That's what I'd call investment :wink:
May 5, 2007 12:10:26 PM

Quote:

Yeah, well they've got to start making some money!
May 5, 2007 6:00:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah, well they've got to start making some money!

if barcelona is all that it's cracked up to be, amd will make more money pricing them at, as m25 said, 400 bucks for a phenom x4 at 2.2ghz. they will sell more chips that way. plus, they also have their new chipsets that they can make money off of, not to mention ati's new 2900XT, and hopefully the 2900XTX will be ready to launch and spank the 8800GTX / Ultra.

amd needs to stop dicking around and release ASAP.
May 5, 2007 7:05:15 PM

Looking at the list, I see absolutely no reason to even make a "Rana" model as its the only one in the family and has a higher TDP compared to even higher clocked Low Power "Kuma"s. Is it really worth having a core just for 1 model?...
May 6, 2007 6:21:28 AM

mabie to them it is...they probably want something to compete with the core 2 solo... (am i the only one that thinks thats kind of an oxymoron?)
May 6, 2007 7:14:25 AM

Quote:
Looking at the list, I see absolutely no reason to even make a "Rana" model as its the only one in the family and has a higher TDP compared to even higher clocked Low Power "Kuma"s. Is it really worth having a core just for 1 model?...

Rama is the very low end, and low prised product, lower power Kuma is for those who are willing to pay for speed and low power usage, so they are for different segments.
How much it's a worth of it... who knows. It's all depend on how much it cost to produce. If it cost 1$ to produse Rana and 2$ to produce Kuma, there definitety is good reason. These are not real production cost of course I don't know them, but you got the picture.
May 7, 2007 4:48:12 AM

Quote:
Probably you will be able to get 2.7-2.8 GHz with a Tuniq but I don't like that kind of coolers; too cumbersome and noisy for getting the job done properly. If I have to get a cooler that fills half of the case, it's better be liquid cooling; more efficient and quiet and even if you have to deal with water, it's still way safer than having a 1KG+ weight all hanging out of your motherboard.
[/code]I love my Big Typhoon. It's real quiet, it does take a lot of space but it sure does the job for me.

I don't have space for liquid cooling in my case (to put the rad and reservoir) and it's more expensive. I also don't fancy carrying the rad around externally either. It's just not all that practical to me. I'd rather just see how far I can push it on air.
May 7, 2007 4:48:34 AM

Edit, double post
May 7, 2007 5:03:55 AM

Quote:

It all depends on how Intel will price their quads at that time; I hope to get a 2.2G Phenom X4 for around $400 and OC 2.8-3.0 out of it right from the start. That's what I'd call investment :wink:

Numerous sources have said that the Q6600 will be $266 in Q3, I hope AMD has something in that pricerange to compete, perhaps even a 2GHz part assuming K10 has enough of an IPC advantage to be competitive at that clockspeed.
May 7, 2007 5:20:14 AM

Quote:
Numerous sources have said that the Q6600 will be $266 in Q3, I hope AMD has something in that pricerange to compete, perhaps even a 2GHz part assuming K10 has enough of an IPC advantage to be competitive at that clockspeed.
Only time will tell...
May 7, 2007 5:31:55 AM

Quote:
who had the idea to release 29385 different bus speeds?

Lol... You've heard of the company called "Intel" right?
!