machdoc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
I just built a PC (XP SP2) and put in an OEM Sony Optiarc DVD burner...I am looking for suggestions for the most economical but stable DVD burning program...Roxio 7.5 is one I have heard...anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
lol Roxio is good for burning like IE is for surfing
cheesy2.gif
cheesy2.gif
cheesy2.gif

look up Nero much better then Roxio ;)

you can try "imageburn" if you like its freeware but to be honest I have not tested it for a long time so I'm not sure how it does but I have heard a good thing or two, anyways its free if you got a DVD rw test it and see if its worth it, not gonna cost you a thing.

but if you test it please let me know here or on our support forum at kltforums.com what you think of it. THX ;)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
What software really depends on what you want to do. If it's just ripping & burning DVDs or copying it's one thing. If you're ripping and burning music as well or doing photos, it's something else. Have to disagree with mchdoc, Easy Media Creator isn't that bad for an all in one program but if you're using other video editing software, I wouldn't get it because it doesn't play nicely with other video programs. Of course most video editing programs don't play well together.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
with all due respect, I completely disagree, nero does all of that also does a much better job burnning music or dvd then Roxio I have both.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
with all due respect, I completely disagree, nero does all of that also does a much better job burnning music or dvd then Roxio I have both.

While I've used Roxio for years I'm at the point I don't want to use any all in one program given a single purpose program always gives you more options than an all in one. Thinking of getting Roxio Record Now Music Lab 9 for music and copying, do like the way Roxio handles this and it's $29. One of the problems I have with Nero is you have to pay extra for the MP3 plug in

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks. I will do a little of everything...data, music, video...so I will just pick one and try it out.

If you're going to be capturing and editing video, you should really look at a stand alone video editing software. For whatever reason video software seems to have problems with stability. I'm currently using Cyberlink Power Director 5, which is great when it works. While their support is very responsive I've wasted too much time dealing with issues and if you look at reviews of various video software you'll find this more common that with other types of software in general, going to give Adobe Premier a try. Inevitably, when you run into video software issues the first thing that said to solve it is to delete any other video programs. Music ripping and burning really isn't much of a problem as well as copying data, most programs out there seem to work well.