Phantasy Star Plus is coming...

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

OK, this is strange... The Oregonian has a gaming page in their
entertainment section every Friday. Last Friday they listed "Phantasy
Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus" as coming next week... Which is
strange because I hadn't heard it was coming AT ALL...

So I do some digging over the week-end... It may not be coming next
week, but EB and Software Etc. have it pegged for 9/15...

Links:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244783.asp

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=220255

- Jordan

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

> OK, this is strange... The Oregonian has a gaming page in their
> entertainment section every Friday. Last Friday they listed "Phantasy
> Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus" as coming next week... Which is
> strange because I hadn't heard it was coming AT ALL...
>
> So I do some digging over the week-end... It may not be coming next
> week, but EB and Software Etc. have it pegged for 9/15...
>
> Links:
>
> http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244783.asp
>
> http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=220255
>
> - Jordan

I'm still wishing they'd just bring Ep3 to the Xbox...

Bel

--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"Time to rub your face in it...with my ass. I'm so much better than you."

- Trixie, Outlaw Volleyball

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

In article <412A298D.C4475277@ev1.net>,
BelPowerslave <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote:
>> OK, this is strange... The Oregonian has a gaming page in their
>> entertainment section every Friday. Last Friday they listed "Phantasy
>> Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus" as coming next week... Which is
>> strange because I hadn't heard it was coming AT ALL...
>>
>> So I do some digging over the week-end... It may not be coming next
>> week, but EB and Software Etc. have it pegged for 9/15...
>
>I'm still wishing they'd just bring Ep3 to the Xbox...

The original release date was the 24th, and if the information floating
around here is correct then it's essentially the same software that Japan
got. Some bugfixes, most of the online quests available right on the disk,
and better integration between multinational players. Oh yes, and lots of
new items. For thirty bucks, a hell of a deal whether you consider it an
upgrade or a complete game by itself.

About the Xbox version? I heartell that the combined cost of Xbox Live on
top of the Hunter's License made PSO very unpopular on the other platform.
I'm not surprised that the updates and sequels have been limited to the
Gamecube. Although if there's ever a console port of Blue Burst, it'll
show up on Xbox before it does anywhere else since it would be an easy
port from the PC version. That's just a reasoned guess, not gospel truth
or anything.

-KKC, whose FOmar is finally about to reach level 100. And even at that
level, my techniques barely make Ultimate-level monsters blink.
--
-- Dear [college or university] - It has come to my attention that - kendrick
you have abused my alumnus status by selling personal information - @io.com

BelPowerslave <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message news:<412A298D.C4475277@ev1.net>...

> I'm still wishing they'd just bring Ep3 to the Xbox...

Well, I hate to say it, but Ep. 3 just blows. Seriously. It's boring
and tedious. Everything that PSO should NOT be...

- Jordan

kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message news:<HOCdnSshi7q5rbfcRVn-gw@io.com>...

> -KKC, whose FOmar is finally about to reach level 100. And even at that
> level, my techniques barely make Ultimate-level monsters blink.

Hmm... My FOnewman just hit 91 and just unlocked the Ultimate Seabed
on Episode 2. That was the last level that I needed to do to have full
access to everything on Ultimate. I haven't been able to beat Falz or
Flowen yet.

Here's a secret... use a Wizard Tech, that will upgrade your
techniques by one level. I only have like a Rabarta 19, Razonde 22 and
Rafoie 22 or 23 and I'm doing OK. Also, be aware that the weaknesses
on pretty much all the beasties changes on Ultimate.

Also, when you run up against something that seems resistant to
everything... fall back on Grants. :^) I managed find a Grants 15 and
it makes short work of those damn wizards. (Rafoie to kill the attack
crystal, Rabarta to kill the healing crystal then Grants - Grants -
Grants - Grants.... until the beastie is dead.

- Jordan

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

> >> OK, this is strange... The Oregonian has a gaming page in their
> >> entertainment section every Friday. Last Friday they listed "Phantasy
> >> Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus" as coming next week... Which is
> >> strange because I hadn't heard it was coming AT ALL...
> >>
> >> So I do some digging over the week-end... It may not be coming next
> >> week, but EB and Software Etc. have it pegged for 9/15...
> >
> >I'm still wishing they'd just bring Ep3 to the Xbox...
>
> The original release date was the 24th, and if the information floating
> around here is correct then it's essentially the same software that Japan
> got. Some bugfixes, most of the online quests available right on the disk,
> and better integration between multinational players. Oh yes, and lots of
> new items. For thirty bucks, a hell of a deal whether you consider it an
> upgrade or a complete game by itself.

Yeah, just to have all the online quests on the disc would be pretty hip...don't
know what I could pay $30 for it, but once it dropped to $20 or so, definitely.
:)

> About the Xbox version? I heartell that the combined cost of Xbox Live on
> top of the Hunter's License made PSO very unpopular on the other platform.
> I'm not surprised that the updates and sequels have been limited to the
> Gamecube. Although if there's ever a console port of Blue Burst, it'll
> show up on Xbox before it does anywhere else since it would be an easy
> port from the PC version. That's just a reasoned guess, not gospel truth
> or anything.

Yeah, I guess that's true. From what I hear though, you can buy just a single
Hunter's License and use it to play both PSO Ep1&2 and Ep3 on the GC...was
thinking that'd be pretty hip on the Xbox as well, dropping the price to $4.50
per game. I don't know...I'd pay it...but that's just me...

> -KKC, whose FOmar is finally about to reach level 100. And even at that
> level, my techniques barely make Ultimate-level monsters blink.

Oy, sounds like the old Ult. mode on DC v2... :(

Bel

--

In article <92dbefbe.0408231453.2bc963a5@posting.google.com>,
Jordan Lund <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote:
>kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message
>
>> -KKC, whose FOmar is finally about to reach level 100. And even at that
>> level, my techniques barely make Ultimate-level monsters blink.
>
>Here's a secret... use a Wizard Tech, that will upgrade your
>techniques by one level. I only have like a Rabarta 19, Razonde 22 and
>Rafoie 22 or 23 and I'm doing OK. Also, be aware that the weaknesses
>on pretty much all the beasties changes on Ultimate.

Got one. My issue is that I don't like the power down time on the Ra and
Gi level techniques, so I rely on plain Zonde and Barta for the speed. But
Gifoie is just too much fun, and after level 25 has that nice blast ring
animation added to it. :)

>Also, when you run up against something that seems resistant to
>everything... fall back on Grants. :^) I managed find a Grants 15 and
>it makes short work of those damn wizards. (Rafoie to kill the attack
>crystal, Rabarta to kill the healing crystal then Grants - Grants -
>Grants - Grants.... until the beastie is dead.

My Grants is only at level 12, so even with the Wiz technique slot item it
takes forever for the attack to take effect. By then the Hildeult or
whatever has already smacked me to the ground and taken my lunch money.

I gotta admit, my play method in PSO is kinda cramped in Ultimate mode so
far. Online, I tend to hang back and just heal and restore people as they
need it. Offline, I like being able to zap or immobilize all the nasties
in a room with two or three hits. Graphics whore that I am, I prefer to
look at the pretty landscaping more than actually participating in combat.
I haven't gone online in the GC version yet, but I understand that in
Ultimate mode you need all four players involved in the fighting to be
completely effective.

-KKC, who needs to blow some money on a wireless bridge to complete his
gaming network. And to buy a plane ticket to visit Mikhail Lubarsky, the
corrupt eBay seller from San Jose who wouldn't return my e-mails about the
bad Dreamcast Broadband adapter...
--

kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message news:<DpKdndYTav1c5bfcRVn-gg@io.com>...

> Got one. My issue is that I don't like the power down time on the Ra and
> Gi level techniques, so I rely on plain Zonde and Barta for the speed. But
> Gifoie is just too much fun, and after level 25 has that nice blast ring
> animation added to it. :)

Ah, I see why you're having problems then. Even with the slow "reload"
on the RA techniques if you use a running pattern you can clear a room
in about 7 blasts. Gifoi is also essential when dealing with the more
powerful robots in Episode 2. The first inviso-bots you run into are
susceptible to rabarta, no big deal since it's a circle of cold, it
doesn't matter if you can't see the bot or not. The next rank up
though is weak to fire, but it's hard to target with Foie or Rafoie so
Gifoie is the survival tool there.

- Jordan