How to slow down menu movement in XP

May 4, 2005 8:09:33 PM

I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.

For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of web
bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the tree is to
fast.
By Tree I mean
Cool
- computer
- WinXP
- the list of bookmarks
- Blogs
- magazines
- Temp
- Tavel
- airlines
If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather than
winxp

More about : slow menu movement

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:09:34 PM

MS Jordan wrote:
> I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.
>
> For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of web
> bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the tree
> is to fast.
> By Tree I mean
> Cool
> - computer
> - WinXP
> - the list of bookmarks
> - Blogs
> - magazines
> - Temp
> - Tavel
> - airlines
> If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
> carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather
> than winxp

To be honest, I am having a hard time understanding what the problem is. My
menu movement is controlled by the mouse's rate of movement, unless I am
scrolling. Are you using a mouse, or do you have a disability?
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:53:49 PM

T.Waters
Thanks for the reply - see that other reply - that solve the problem.

The problem wasn't a mouse based issue - it was the speed that XP had set
- that controlled how fast the menu's branched out as you moved down the
menu tree - TweekUI solve the issue

Thank you for the reply !!

"T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in

> MS Jordan wrote:
>> I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.
>>
>> For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of
>> web bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the
>> tree is to fast.
>> By Tree I mean
>> Cool
>> - computer
>> - WinXP
>> - the list of bookmarks
>> - Blogs
>> - magazines
>> - Temp
>> - Tavel
>> - airlines
>> If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
>> carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather
>> than winxp
>
> To be honest, I am having a hard time understanding what the problem
> is. My menu movement is controlled by the mouse's rate of movement,
> unless I am scrolling. Are you using a mouse, or do you have a
> disability?
May 4, 2005 10:37:29 PM

Easiest way is via TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Download, install and launch. Click on the Mouse branch and you'll see a
slider at the top that allows you to adjust menu fly out speed.

--
Walter Clayton

"MS Jordan" <msjordan@disney.net> wrote in message
>I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.
>
> For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of web
> bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the tree is to
> fast.
> By Tree I mean
> Cool
> - computer
> - WinXP
> - the list of bookmarks
> - Blogs
> - magazines
> - Temp
> - Tavel
> - airlines
> If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
> carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather than
> winxp
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:37:30 PM

Walter
Thank you did exactly what I wanted - I had TweakUI in the system I thought
that slider did something else
Thanks again

"Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org> wrote in news:ePfnmnPUFHA.3152
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: