How to slow down menu movement in XP

I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.

For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of web
bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the tree is to
fast.
By Tree I mean
Cool
- computer
- WinXP
- the list of bookmarks
- Blogs
- magazines
- Temp
- Tavel
- airlines
If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather than
winxp
4 answers Last reply
More about slow menu movement

    MS Jordan wrote:
    > I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.
    >
    > For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of web
    > bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the tree
    > is to fast.
    > By Tree I mean
    > Cool
    > - computer
    > - WinXP
    > - the list of bookmarks
    > - Blogs
    > - magazines
    > - Temp
    > - Tavel
    > - airlines
    > If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
    > carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather
    > than winxp

    To be honest, I am having a hard time understanding what the problem is. My
    menu movement is controlled by the mouse's rate of movement, unless I am
    scrolling. Are you using a mouse, or do you have a disability?

    T.Waters
    Thanks for the reply - see that other reply - that solve the problem.

    The problem wasn't a mouse based issue - it was the speed that XP had set
    - that controlled how fast the menu's branched out as you moved down the
    menu tree - TweekUI solve the issue

    Thank you for the reply !!

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in

    > MS Jordan wrote:
    >> I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.
    >>
    >> For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of
    >> web bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the
    >> tree is to fast.
    >> By Tree I mean
    >> Cool
    >> - computer
    >> - WinXP
    >> - the list of bookmarks
    >> - Blogs
    >> - magazines
    >> - Temp
    >> - Tavel
    >> - airlines
    >> If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
    >> carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather
    >> than winxp
    >
    > To be honest, I am having a hard time understanding what the problem
    > is. My menu movement is controlled by the mouse's rate of movement,
    > unless I am scrolling. Are you using a mouse, or do you have a
    > disability?

    Easiest way is via TweakUI from

    Download, install and launch. Click on the Mouse branch and you'll see a
    slider at the top that allows you to adjust menu fly out speed.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "MS Jordan" <msjordan@disney.net> wrote in message
    >I was wondering how to slow down menu movement.
    >
    > For example when you are in IE and you have a 2 or 3 level tree of web
    > bookmarks - the default XP mouse movement as you move down the tree is to
    > fast.
    > By Tree I mean
    > Cool
    > - computer
    > - WinXP
    > - the list of bookmarks
    > - Blogs
    > - magazines
    > - Temp
    > - Tavel
    > - airlines
    > If you want to go to a bookmark in winXP unless move the mouse very
    > carefully as you slide down the tree you might end up at Blogs rather than
    > winxp

    Walter
    Thank you did exactly what I wanted - I had TweakUI in the system I thought
    that slider did something else
    Thanks again

    "Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org> wrote in news:ePfnmnPUFHA.3152
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Easiest way is via TweakUI from
    >
    > Download, install and launch. Click on the Mouse branch and you'll see a
    > slider at the top that allows you to adjust menu fly out speed.

Windows XP