Problems with Photo Gallery Viewer in Vista???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
Hi.

I don't know what I pressed or done while installing OTHER softwares but...

now my Windows Photo Gallery Viewer is messed up? Before (normally) I click on a thumbnail and the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer shows me my individual picture. The picture would be on a white bright background/canvass, which is normal/default. Like when you go to this forum and the texts/pictures are on a "white background".

NOW, for some odd reason, the background canvass of my Windows Photo Gallery Viewer is sort of yellowish beige/cream color and my pictures is not very crisp. Pictures look sort of dark because of the beige cream color background canvass. It looks like there are major contrast and color issues or a bad tint on all my pictures that I view. Even the free pictures that came with Vista.......any picture I look at IN the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer. My monitor screen, desktop, menus, titlebar, Excel window, Word window, etc., etc. are fine.

Anyone with this problem or know how to fix this in Vista/Ultimate????
Please help.

Thanks in advance.

bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
This is a CORRECTION to this old post:

Q: Why do my photos have an odd color cast in the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP Picture and Fax Viewer and IE)?

The photo viewer in Photo Gallery is a color managed environment (it can use a color profile to render a color-accurate representation of your photo). The XP Viewer and IE (and many other applications) are not color managed. Color management can be a complex topic. It's possible that there is an incorrect color profile embedded in the photo, or perhaps you have an incorrect color profile applied to your display device. Following these instructions may fix the problem:

1. Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Color Management

2. Select your display device

3. Check the box “Use my setting for this device”

4. Click Add

5. Choose “sRGB IEC61966-2.1” (this is the color profile that IE is using)

6. Set it as default.

jaja3000jaja

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Hey, I have this same problem only when I go to the Driver menu the "Roll Back Driver" button is grey and unclickable(word?) My Monitor is the SyncMaster 223BW/223BWG/216BW/G22W(Digital)
If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated.

G

For windows 7 and possibly vista:

Click the start menu, then type Color management then hit Enter.
Select the monitor that is having the problem from the list of devices (drop down menu).
Check the box "use my settings for this device".
Under profiles associated with this device; remove all the profiles that are listed.

Don't waste your time "rolling back" your drivers. This will fix it. :non:

ewmjc

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011

Thanks. I had exactly the same biege problem and rolled back a Dell monitor from the provided driver to "Generic PnP Monitor". Fixed.

bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
Anonymous, two post up is right. Listen to him/her. It's an old post, I know, just correcting myself again.

""

Q: Why do my photos have an odd color cast in the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP Picture and Fax Viewer and IE)?

The photo viewer in Photo Gallery is a color managed environment (it can use a color profile to render a color-accurate representation of your photo). The XP Viewer and IE (and many other applications) are not color managed. Color management can be a complex topic. It's possible that there is an incorrect color profile embedded in the photo, or perhaps you have an incorrect color profile applied to your display device. Following these instructions may fix the problem:

1. Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Color Management

2. Select your display device

3. Check the box “Use my setting for this device”

4. Click Add

5. Choose “sRGB IEC61966-2.1” (this is the color profile that IE is using)

6. Set it as default.

""

Status
Not open for further replies.