Vista or XP

kentworth44

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
I am getting a computer with the following stats:

- Intel Core2 Extreme processor QX6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) w/Quad Core Technology and 8MBcache
- 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
- Dell USB Keyboard
- 24 in (24.0 in viewable) 2407FPW Wide Aspect Digital Flat Panel Display
- 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
- 1TB Serial ATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM)
- 13 in 1 Media Card Reader
- Optical USB Mouse
- 48X Combo drive
- 7 Slot BTX motherboard
- 16X DVD+/-RW
- Soundblaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card,Vista
- 1KW Power Supply

I would very much like to put Vista Home Premium on it. I know their are driver issues with nVidia, but will it really cause me THAT many problems? Or are the main problems with the SLI? Anyway, I am buying the computer from DELL (yeah yeah yeah, I know, crap) and if I buy it with Vista it will be warranteed fo 4 years. If I buy it with XP and put Vista on it the software warranty is gone, plus I'm out another $100 on the new O.S.

Can't I just buy this with Vista?

Solution

If this is the dell I just viewed the other day (and it is VERY very close) then Vista is not an option and the 4yr thing is only with XP. Dell knows this, they know that you will wind up doing an upgrade to Vista, probably in the first year - dell are playing you like a banjo - dell are... well, you know, dell.

good luck.

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

If this is the dell I just viewed the other day (and it is VERY very close) then Vista is not an option and the 4yr thing is only with XP. Dell knows this, they know that you will wind up doing an upgrade to Vista, probably in the first year - dell are playing you like a banjo - dell are... well, you know, dell.

good luck.

Solution