Your question

Spiderman 3 CPUs?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Movies
  • Sony
Last response: in CPUs
May 4, 2007 3:21:53 PM

Does anybody know what CPUs Sony used to create Spiderman 3? I know people were discussing the Starwars movies being developed on AMD chips... just wondering where the top end users are?

Anybody catch the movie yet, any good?

More about : spiderman cpus

May 4, 2007 3:23:41 PM

Sucked. Horridly so....146 minutes of movie, 5 minutes of Venom...waste of 2 hours of my life...
May 4, 2007 3:33:44 PM

Quote:
Sucked. Horridly so....146 minutes of movie, 5 minutes of Venom...waste of 2 hours of my life...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :cry: 

According to rotten tomatoes... Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 both got of 90% postive reviews. Spiderman 3 only got 63%... 8O

Crap...
Related resources
May 4, 2007 3:39:42 PM

I already bought tickets online for tonight. I often like movies other people don't, because other people are only there for the perty pictures.

I have faith in Sam Raimi.
May 4, 2007 3:47:33 PM

If you're there for something other than pretty pictures, I'd steer you away from formulaic hollywood movies.
May 4, 2007 3:54:43 PM

Quote:
If you're there for something other than pretty pictures, I'd steer you away from formulaic hollywood movies.

You'd be surprised how much good writing finds its way into Hollywood movies. I've taken creative writing and screenwriting classes (I'm finishing up my sophomore year in college now...) and while there is a formula, it's always encouraged to challenge what's been done before and to add as much artistic touches and the like as possible.

That being said, I think there will be some disappointing parts of this movie, but I think on the whole it will still be good.
May 4, 2007 3:55:27 PM

Quote:

According to rotten tomatoes... Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 both got of 90% postive reviews. Spiderman 3 only got 63%... 8O

Crap...

You gotta love marketing. The commercials are spouting, "The best of the three Spiderman movies."

And I was actually thinking of seeing the movie in the theater, instead of waiting for it come out on DVD like the previous two.
May 4, 2007 4:01:08 PM

Quote:

Crap...

You gotta love marketing. The commercials are spouting, "The best of the three Spiderman movies."

And I was actually thinking of seeing the movie in the theater, instead of waiting for it come out on DVD like the previous two.

It's so hard to top Spider-Man 2, though.
May 4, 2007 4:01:19 PM

Quote:
I didn't like either of the first two so I'm not wasting my money.

http://www.wwtdd.com/index.phtml?t=KIRSTEN+DUNST <-- Pretty funny (and sadly true) site.

In the first one, they did a good job in makeup. Not so much in Spiderman 2... (also the red hair was more orange). I heard that she hates Toby McGuire with a passion... something about her even refusing to be on the same set with him during a talkshow (when they were selling Spiderman 2).
May 4, 2007 4:17:15 PM

Just done some fast search, i found that Sony Entertainment are using Sun Grid for the special effects on the Spiderman.

Sun Grid is SunFire dual processor Opteron-based servers with 4 GB of RAM per CPU, Solaris 10 OS, and Sun N1 Grid Engine 6 software.

http://www.embeddedstar.com/press/content/2002/7/embedd...

I hope that's the correct info.
May 4, 2007 5:12:40 PM

Quote:

Crap...

dude what do you expect?
propaganda and comercials are almost alwas lies
what kind of ads yo think there were for "giggly"? D:
May 4, 2007 5:35:26 PM

Quote:
Just done some fast search, i found that Sony Entertainment are using Sun Grid for the special effects on the Spiderman.

Sun Grid is SunFire dual processor Opteron-based servers with 4 GB of RAM per CPU, Solaris 10 OS, and Sun N1 Grid Engine 6 software.

meh... the PS3 is still better than that :lol: 
May 5, 2007 4:03:05 AM

Quote:
I already bought tickets online for tonight. I often like movies other people don't, because other people are only there for the perty pictures.

I have faith in Sam Raimi.

Well, he keeps saying he wants to make Evil Dead 4 after completion of SM3. Id like to have some faith in that. Ash, sporting goods, has been out of the loop for far too long
May 5, 2007 6:11:13 AM

Quote:

meh... the PS3 is still better than that :lol: 

Yes of course PS3 specs are better than Sun, but PS3 tasks are less complicated than Sun. Besides, PS3 are sold until millions pieces (you have it on your signature :lol:  ) while Sun only sold hundred or maybe thousand pieces.
May 5, 2007 7:26:26 PM

Quote:
I didn't like either of the first two so I'm not wasting my money.

http://www.wwtdd.com/index.phtml?t=KIRSTEN+DUNST <-- Pretty funny (and sadly true) site.
I thought the first 2 sucked also, i thoguth the xmen movies sucked, and hellboy sucked. The only good superhero movies so far have been, the firtst 2 batman movies, and the new one, the blade movies, and the first 2 crow movies. I wont waste my time with spdierman, although i am intriqued by the justice league movie coming out.
May 6, 2007 9:52:04 PM

I can confirm that spiderman 3 sucks as much as the first 2
May 6, 2007 9:59:03 PM

amd is trying to use anything it can for marketing - star wars and cpu's omg!

what type of surface was it made on concrete or black top - did lucas park on cement?

cement people should promoting there ability to hold cars for star wars?
May 6, 2007 10:33:16 PM

Its got a much more fragmented plot (too much to show, too little time) than the first two, and it all comes together kind of quick in the end... but i wouldn't call it a bad movie by any means... althought I did hope for more Venom...
May 6, 2007 10:35:07 PM

Quote:
the blade movies
The first two were good, the third one sucked.
May 6, 2007 11:23:10 PM

Quote:
I know people were discussing the Starwars movies being developed on AMD chips

600 networked Apple PowerMac G5
May 7, 2007 5:12:03 AM

Well I saw on "The Soup" how all the lead actors and actresses where snoozing through their promo interviews if that tells you anything. They weren't too excited about it so I may just wait and rent it; i've not even seen number two anyways.

I agree movies are getting to pompy and formulaic, extremely boring for my intellect.
May 7, 2007 5:22:19 PM

I thought it was okay, but what the heck was up with the half an hour of pointing at girls and walking around like an idiot? Take that out, add more venom! Spiderman is supposed to be an action movie, and the only real fighting is right at the end. One battle. Venom needed to appear early on, tease him a bit, toss him around, and then through the movie Spiderman figures out how to beat him, until at the very end he wins in an epic long battle, not just, boom, I killed venom.
May 7, 2007 5:57:25 PM

Well I for one dug Spiderman 3.
And as for the guy who thinks Batman was good .Please give me a break.Batman was so boring.
May 7, 2007 6:02:09 PM

Quote:
And as for the guy who thinks Batman was good .Please give me a break.Batman was so boring.

Are you joking? Batman Begins is the best superhero movie of modern times.
May 7, 2007 11:23:05 PM

Quote:
Im that guy, and i think batman begins was a good movie, and christian bale is the best batman so far.
Anonymous
May 8, 2007 12:04:26 AM

why does it even bother you which cpu they used. does it make a diffrence what they made. use whats best in market AMD or INTEL and Nvidia or ATI.
May 8, 2007 12:44:48 AM

Am I the only one here who LOVED Spiderman 3!!!! Sure they could have shown a little more of Venom but other than that I thought it Rocked!!!
May 8, 2007 12:45:18 AM

I third "Batman Begins" as one of the better SuperHero movies.

I liked the Xmen series so far since I did read pretty much the whole series.

They sayed on track with them (mostly) and teased quite nicely for the next movie (the outline of the Phoenix in the water). Although in the comic Jean did have a very very dark moment far darker than portrayed in the movie.

I will see Spidey 3 on Wednesday just to see it on the IMAX screen.

The second one visually was much better than the first. The CG in the first was horrible at best (approaching "Hulk" bad 8O 8O ). Physics seemed not apply..

I used to work on machines a little more powerful than the ones used to create Toy Story. Was kind of neat to have that kind of power available..

Silly Gs... Ahhh gotta love em... I got to work on many DeskSide ONYX machines.. Only used a fraction of their graphics capabilities though.
May 8, 2007 1:19:25 PM

Quote:
why does it even bother you which cpu they used. does it make a diffrence what they made. use whats best in market AMD or INTEL and Nvidia or ATI.

This is a CPU forum... it doesn't bother me. :lol: 
May 8, 2007 2:34:19 PM

Spiderman 3 was rushed in a poor manner, many anime suffer from it. In Spiderman trois they had too much going on at the same time.

SPOILER ALERT: highlight if you want to read it
Spiderman 3 should've been the struggle with Sandman and his relationship with Mary-Jane, and the struggle to be friends with Green Goblin Jr. (Harry). And the introduction of the actor who eventually becomes venom (topher grace). Spiderman should've became Venom at the end of the movie to defeat Sandman, and then rip Venom off himself and the the final scene be Topher Grace transforming into Venom for Spiderman 4, the final chapter.

Positives/Negatives:
+ Comedy is better than 1 and 2
+ Fight scenes are awesome

- Too much going on for one movie
- Poor pacing movie felt Rushed

Overall:
I give it a 3 out of 5, was a good way to kill a friday night for $5.50 b/c i have connections at the theatre :wink:
May 8, 2007 2:36:42 PM

FYI the original Starwars desert scenes were filmed in Tunisia... near the village of Tahtuoine.

worthless trivia... I love it.
May 8, 2007 3:45:02 PM

Maybe Jake glylenthal will make a better spideman, i think this is tobey maquires last, and he really didnt seem like he was into it.
May 8, 2007 4:19:14 PM

Never really liked their choice in the first place. Tobey was a little TOO nerdy for the role.

Although Peter in the comics was a LITTLE bit of a nerd it was only a very little bit.

So someone in between Tobey and the ROCK would have been better :) 
May 15, 2007 4:25:58 PM

I like Batman Begins.

Just saw Spiderman 3... the special effects/fight scenes were awesome.

I had low expectations (due to user and critic reviews), but I'd say this is best Spidy so far.

HOWEVER, I'm not sure it has much replay value... the middle seemed to drag quite a bit. Plus, I thought rewriting the events of the 1st Spiderman was uneccesary and lame (I'll leave it at that as to not spoil).

One scene seems like it was ripped right from The Mask.

Lizardman has got to be in Spidy 4.
May 15, 2007 11:11:48 PM

Haven't seen Spidey 3 yet. I gave Spidey 1 was a B-. Spidey 2 a C+. Batman Returns a D+. Superman Returns a C. Hulk an F and a jail term for Ang Lee.
May 16, 2007 12:34:41 AM

Quote:
Haven't seen Spidey 3 yet. I gave Spidey 1 was a B-. Spidey 2 a C+. Batman Returns a D+. Superman Returns a C. Hulk an F and a jail term for Ang Lee.
Dude batman returns was cool, superman was kinda lame because of kevin spacey, and to hell with a jail term, ang lee should get his ass whipped for making that crap, he should stick to making movies about gay cowboys.
May 16, 2007 12:43:53 AM

I got to see Spidey 3 on the Imax screen.

That was a good experience.

I liked the movie (mostly). The chick flick ending was a little much :)  Also, we get it Tobey is a twerpy geek playing a twerpy geek... Got it (registered it) don't need another fifty reminders (thanks) :) 

Overall not a bad movie though.
!