Spiderman 3 CPUs?

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Does anybody know what CPUs Sony used to create Spiderman 3? I know people were discussing the Starwars movies being developed on AMD chips... just wondering where the top end users are?

Anybody catch the movie yet, any good?

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Sucked. Horridly so....146 minutes of movie, 5 minutes of Venom...waste of 2 hours of my life...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :cry:

According to rotten tomatoes... Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 both got of 90% postive reviews. Spiderman 3 only got 63%... 8O

Crap...

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I already bought tickets online for tonight. I often like movies other people don't, because other people are only there for the perty pictures.

I have faith in Sam Raimi.

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
If you're there for something other than pretty pictures, I'd steer you away from formulaic hollywood movies.

You'd be surprised how much good writing finds its way into Hollywood movies. I've taken creative writing and screenwriting classes (I'm finishing up my sophomore year in college now...) and while there is a formula, it's always encouraged to challenge what's been done before and to add as much artistic touches and the like as possible.

That being said, I think there will be some disappointing parts of this movie, but I think on the whole it will still be good.

shawnpaul3

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Sucked. Horridly so....146 minutes of movie, 5 minutes of Venom...waste of 2 hours of my life...

According to rotten tomatoes... Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 both got of 90% postive reviews. Spiderman 3 only got 63%... 8O

Crap...

You gotta love marketing. The commercials are spouting, "The best of the three Spiderman movies."

And I was actually thinking of seeing the movie in the theater, instead of waiting for it come out on DVD like the previous two.

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006

Crap...

You gotta love marketing. The commercials are spouting, "The best of the three Spiderman movies."

And I was actually thinking of seeing the movie in the theater, instead of waiting for it come out on DVD like the previous two.

It's so hard to top Spider-Man 2, though.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I didn't like either of the first two so I'm not wasting my money.

http://www.wwtdd.com/index.phtml?t=KIRSTEN+DUNST <-- Pretty funny (and sadly true) site.

In the first one, they did a good job in makeup. Not so much in Spiderman 2... (also the red hair was more orange). I heard that she hates Toby McGuire with a passion... something about her even refusing to be on the same set with him during a talkshow (when they were selling Spiderman 2).

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006

Crap...

dude what do you expect?
propaganda and comercials are almost alwas lies
what kind of ads yo think there were for "giggly"? D:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I already bought tickets online for tonight. I often like movies other people don't, because other people are only there for the perty pictures.

I have faith in Sam Raimi.

Well, he keeps saying he wants to make Evil Dead 4 after completion of SM3. Id like to have some faith in that. Ash, sporting goods, has been out of the loop for far too long

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Just done some fast search, i found that Sony Entertainment are using Sun Grid for the special effects on the Spiderman.

Sun Grid is SunFire dual processor Opteron-based servers with 4 GB of RAM per CPU, Solaris 10 OS, and Sun N1 Grid Engine 6 software.

http://www.embeddedstar.com/press/content/2002/7/embedded4468.html

I hope that's the correct info.

meh... the PS3 is still better than that :lol:

Yes of course PS3 specs are better than Sun, but PS3 tasks are less complicated than Sun. Besides, PS3 are sold until millions pieces (you have it on your signature :lol: ) while Sun only sold hundred or maybe thousand pieces.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I didn't like either of the first two so I'm not wasting my money.

http://www.wwtdd.com/index.phtml?t=KIRSTEN+DUNST <-- Pretty funny (and sadly true) site.
I thought the first 2 sucked also, i thoguth the xmen movies sucked, and hellboy sucked. The only good superhero movies so far have been, the firtst 2 batman movies, and the new one, the blade movies, and the first 2 crow movies. I wont waste my time with spdierman, although i am intriqued by the justice league movie coming out.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
amd is trying to use anything it can for marketing - star wars and cpu's omg!

what type of surface was it made on concrete or black top - did lucas park on cement?

cement people should promoting there ability to hold cars for star wars?

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Its got a much more fragmented plot (too much to show, too little time) than the first two, and it all comes together kind of quick in the end... but i wouldn't call it a bad movie by any means... althought I did hope for more Venom...

Opterondo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Well I saw on "The Soup" how all the lead actors and actresses where snoozing through their promo interviews if that tells you anything. They weren't too excited about it so I may just wait and rent it; i've not even seen number two anyways.

I agree movies are getting to pompy and formulaic, extremely boring for my intellect.

Blackhawk3D

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
I thought it was okay, but what the heck was up with the half an hour of pointing at girls and walking around like an idiot? Take that out, add more venom! Spiderman is supposed to be an action movie, and the only real fighting is right at the end. One battle. Venom needed to appear early on, tease him a bit, toss him around, and then through the movie Spiderman figures out how to beat him, until at the very end he wins in an epic long battle, not just, boom, I killed venom.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
Well I for one dug Spiderman 3.
And as for the guy who thinks Batman was good .Please give me a break.Batman was so boring.

TRENDING THREADS