Any software to capture video from windows media player?

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
I think so.... not too sure about video files, but basically I'm trying to capture boxing matches that I watch in Windows Media player which it receives from a website, if that's any help....... it says 'buffering 45%', etc....

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
ya streaming, listen those types of stuff is best if you find the link to the actual file that is being streamed.

for that you use urlsnooper which your first then you run your browser, then your run the video then you look in urlsnooper and locate the link to the video then you download that video with something like flashget that way you have the exact file/quality. ;)

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Thanks for the replies and links..

I've downloaded both URL Snooper and Flashget. URL Snooper is working fine, I've found the URLs for the files, but when I add them to flashget they don't download, I can see them in the list, but they don't make any progress....... any idea why this could be? I have a username and password to login to the site I'm trying to get them from.... when I input this into the relevant bit of flashget though nothing happens......?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
make sure you got the right link, once you have the right link make sure your referrer is set the same as the site you are on ;)