Sign in with
Your question

I hate those gold screw jobbies..

Last response: in Systems
May 4, 2007 5:14:05 PM

You know the kind. The little gold plated ones that you stick underneath the motherboard and then screw a regular screw into the top of the motherboard so they both connect. I'm never sure if these things are in as far as they can go.

Other than that, the only thing I'm worried about in this build is the Zalman grease spread. This didn't spread as easily as the other fans batch from my previous build. I may wind up taking that apart again. But now at least th emost annoying part is over. When the final two pieces come together, I can test it up..
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2007 5:27:55 PM

Quote:
I'm never sure if these things are in as far as they can go.

I hope you are not just repeating what your doctor said during your last colonostophy.
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2007 5:48:43 PM

Quote:
You know the kind. The little gold plated ones that you stick underneath the motherboard and then screw a regular screw into the top of the motherboard so they both connect. I'm never sure if these things are in as far as they can go.

You mean the brass stand-offs? You should screw them into the mobo plate prior to mounting the mobo. That way you are sure that they are screwed all the way in.

You should learn to hit "Reply" rather than creating a new thread.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 4, 2007 5:53:43 PM

You know if ya don like the gold plated thingy's, oka brass standoff's, ya kin by yer on stil;e ya lyke bettur. day gots plastic thing's and udder tipes of attachers insted ov dem golden thingys ya don lyke much../
May 4, 2007 6:05:19 PM

Quote:
I'm never sure if these things are in as far as they can go.

I hope you are not just repeating what your doctor said during your last colonostophy.
LMFAO!
*wipes tears from eyes*
so good!
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 93 V Motherboard
May 4, 2007 6:58:17 PM

They are much better then the plastic pieces of crap we used to deal with back in the days of the 286. Because some of us wanted to upgrade our 286 motherboard with a 386 one, but couldn't figure out how to pinch all of the plastic holders at once. So instead one would have to break the one in the center, and pinch the outer ones one at a time while having someone else lift the motherboard enough so that it doesn't fall back onto the holder. You think the standoffs are bad? Think again!

As was mentioned, just screw the standoffs into place, then attach the motherboard.
!