Issues with Media Player 11

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Some of my .avi files that played perfectly before no longer play correctly, or they need to be coerced into playing.

Other times if I try and skip around the screen turns black but the audio keeps playing.

Other files work fine but the player just seems buggy. I jump around inside of the file and there is lag sometimes, and then sometimes it starts playing it as if it is fast forward with the audio out of sync.

WHAT is UP with this? As a video editor I can't have this not working right, its ridiculous. This is a step BACKWARDS... anyone else experienced troubles with wmplayer 11?

Any fixes? Updates on the way? Alternative players (I tried to install wmplayer 10 but its for XP only)...

Solution
Tried running AVI files with Windows Media Player before and it never worked. Noticed the little "play" symbol next to a bunch of them when using VideoLAN Video Player, and decided to give it a try. What do you know, DivX kicked in and I can watch AVI files through Windows Media Player 11.

Try downloading VideoLAN VLC Media Player and give your files a try with that.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Tried running AVI files with Windows Media Player before and it never worked. Noticed the little "play" symbol next to a bunch of them when using VideoLAN Video Player, and decided to give it a try. What do you know, DivX kicked in and I can watch AVI files through Windows Media Player 11.

Try downloading VideoLAN VLC Media Player and give your files a try with that.

Solution