Newegg Order Verification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry921103

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
So..question guys.

I have used newegg numerous times in the past; however purchasing components that are priced

lower than 200 dollars at a time. This time though, I purchased a product that is 500+ dollars yesterday

and my order verification is taking forever. Usually it takes 2~5 minutes in my experience; however, it has been around

20 hours and I have yet to receive an email regarding order verification. I was wondering if it has to do with

the higher price of the product, or if this is a common occurrence.

Furthermore, when I talked to Newegg livechat support, the person told me my card has yet to be charged but

my online banking says (I used interac (debit), not credit card, to make the purchase), the money has been charged

and my balance is around 500 dollars lower than what it was before.

p.s are newegg livechat people bots???

the biggest issue people have is that either their billing address and name and shipping address and name do not match or that the card had a hold on the payment until you verified it with the bank.

from what i've noticed how fast they ship things out depends on when you buy from them. i've had the fasted shipping times when buying on an off day (sat, sun) and the order is handled first thing monday. also it seems that orders seem to get processed more in the afternoon instead of the morning for some reason.

also keep in mind that the automatic status updates arent always accurate. i've had the status changed to shipped only a few hours before my package arrived at the house.

keep in mind that the customer service people only have as much information as the system provides them with. if your status has not been updated by someone then they have no idea what is going on. no they are not bots, but if they have no other information they have to relate what they see on screen.

i say give it some time, if you have issues just contact cs again and be calm. you might even get a discount for not yelling at them.

i've put over $7000 through newegg without any major issues.

harry921103

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
The thing is I have used exactly the same account and exactly the same bank card in order to
make purchases...and there were no problems :(

i've had orders which were shipped out within hours... and others which hung around for two days. as i said i believe its all in when you purchase the items and how busy they are at the time. i used to work retail.. i know just how busy they can get, especially during a good sale.

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Me too!!! I am furious!

I ordered almost two days ago and it's still in Verification Status. I chatted with someone (politely of course) and she said they are waiting to call my Bank and verify the address. WTF??

It's the same address I used last time -- the same, down to the dot, as what my bank has. I even called my bank to make sure everything was OK. I've worked with a lot of CC card machines and they basically verify your zip code. Online they verify your first and last name, the first line of your address (within a margin of error,) and your city, state, and zip. It's all computer driven, no human needed. They are supposed to email you (actually your bank is) if the computer flags something.

I've been with them for... dang, like 13 years!

No chance of getting my new build before the weekend now. :-(

I am shopping around as we speak and will cancel the order if it's still in limbo status when I've found my parts.

sounds like either a flag went up for some reason or they are implementing a new safety protocol.

your call... but you could have gotten expedited shipping because of it... saving you time instead of raging at them and canceling.

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
My order was just verified 5 minutes ago -- 2 1/2 days! Ridiculous.

Newegg is normally so fast that it's a waste of money to Rush Processing.

I really don't understand this. If the credit card transaction goes through, the Bank has verified the address. If I've shipped to that address before with Newegg, how can it possibly be a scam?

All they have to do is prevent people from shipping to an address other than the billing address. Many sites do, especially if it's over a certain amount (mine was high.)

If a flag goes up with my Bank they contact me immediately by phone and text. They've done it before when I've withdrawn a lot from several ATM's (to override the ATM's daily limit.) They would also do it if I changed my address and made a large purchase soon after.

I mean, seriously? Someone would have to have my bank account password, my Bank's secret questions (which they ask for every time,) my email address, my Newegg password, and my credit card.

Then they would have to ship to themselves from Newegg at least once previously, then ship the large purchase later, (before I report the credit card stolen.) Either this or they would have to camp outside my house for days waiting for UPS, by which time I would have traced the order from my stolen credit card and re-routed the package back to Newegg.

Not a realistic scenario.

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Shopped around too, but I couldn't find what I wanted for a similar price. I'm stuck in a State that charges sales tax for more online purchases than other States, so even if I'd found all of my computer parts, at a similar price, chances are would I would have to pay heavy taxes. (Newegg must be the only tech company that doesn't have an office in Seattle -- If I sneeze too hard I'll give Bill Gates a cold!)

Computer builds are also very specific. I don't want different parts. My combo is perfect (I hope!) I also got an open box deal that's unbeatable.

Newegg has a niche and they know it. Hope they don't screw it up with bad service.

I complained -- very politely since my order isn't shipped yet.

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
There is this "Verified by Visa" service on Newegg.com that is good with other participating sites too. I think I'm going to do that. Supposedly it helps you avoid this long verification crap.

http://promotions.newegg.com/vbv/index.html

Come to find out, my bank automatically added me to this service (I remember my bank's verification poping up.) So, even verified by Visa, they held my order. Grrrrr!

Phan7om

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I am having this same issue...first time it took forever to verify, and it was voided because I used my gfs card which has the billing address at her parents house for safety reasons. And I put our apartment address. So I reordered using the billing address as her parents, and the shipping is at our apartment. Put her name down under the shipping just to be safe, but I hope it doesnt get stopped again..If it does I plan on swapping the money out of her account and putting it into mine. Either way its taking forever to verify and I just want to know!!! ugh! lol

Lithium542

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I've been stuck in the verification process for 3 days. My orders usually ship in hours. I have thousands of dollars in product delivered to the same address every month on the same credit card and this is the first time it's ever happened. The charge went through on my card instantly. If they're worried about fraud, wouldn't I have not been charged?

If I'd ordered from Amazon, my stuff would've been here 2 days ago.

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Something is definitely going on. I have been with them for 13 years and never had this problem. I FINALLY got my order today (9 days later.) It's usually 3-4 days.

Trolls like to say we're "whining" but Tom's Hardware is one of Newegg's main sources for referrals. I am positive they see these reviews. I will be posting a specific review about it on Google shopping though.

I also spoke with my Bank about the "Verified By Visa" process mentioned above. They are looking into the Newegg issue.

KazoWAR

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
This is confusing. I ordered a 3DS and a game on newegg. had both items in the cart and bought them together but since they are coming from different locations there is two orders. the 3ds is still listed as order verification but the game is already shipped from the warehouse. both items were paid with the same charge on my paypal, but under more details it has each item separate and the 3ds order is still pending but the game is already completed. it is going to suck to have a game and no system to play it on with.

newegg.png

jbeelz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Historically I've had extremely fast processing when ordering from Newegg. I placed an order for $700 on Friday 3/30 and it is now late afternoon on 4/3 and my order is still sitting at the Order Verification status. My online transaction history for my credit card (that I have used with Newegg before) shows my purchase was charged on 3/30. I chatted in and they gave me the same line about address verification. My shipping/billing address are the same, and I've shipped to this address within the past 4 months. I don't get the delay. Here is what the eChat rep told me:

Katherine: Thank you for holding. We do apologize for this inconvenience. Your payment authorization has been approved. The next step for your order is the address verification stage. I will send a request to our related department to verify your order as soon as possible. Once your order is shipped, you will receive an automated email to the email address listed on your account with the tracking number.

With the 3 day shipping method selected, I doubt I will even get my order this week. If I had known it would take 10 days to get a handful of items from Newegg, I would have just gone to Fry's.

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I honestly think it has more to do with double checking that the item is still in stock and ready to go with the individual warehouse. Tons of people scoop up the open box and Shell Shocker deals (I did.) There are bound to be cancellations, so I suspect they wait to see which orders are firm.

Who knows! *Sigh* My heart goes out to you.

New Egg is back in my good graces after accepting my RMA on some ram that I just didn't feel like overclocking to the advertised speed (and, frankly, I found some better modules at the same price.) No restock fee. We're friends again.

jaggedIT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
basically the same crap here.... I am super pissed... I have used newegg as long as I can remember...

this time I used a new bank... and I ordered and immediately it was declined... so I went to my bank!

they told me I had an 800 dollar limit... that I needed to fill out a form to accept a 1030.00 order. so I did... my bank said that it would be active immediately!

so I ordered it and noticed that the first one I re entered is void...

so I did what it said on new egg! I found the laptop and re-ordered it!

now it is in Order verification.....

I ordered it at the exact time that I wanted to receive it! on the 18 to receive on the 20th with fast processing for 3bucks and 20 something for 1 day shipping.

which somehow = 2 days.

from the phone call I had with them premier customer service call.

now I am waiting... and if it is delayed for just 1 day ill have to wait for an adittional 3 days.

and am not sure it is even gonna go through.

so mad.

I just don't get how it can be declined in 2 min but takes days to verify address?

doesn't make sense to me.

CountryBoy83

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
I'm getting same problem. I've bought several thousand dollars worth of stuff from newegg over the last few years and all with the same debit card (of which, the card details are even saved in my newegg account). I've never had any trouble with the verification until yesterday. 1st off, my screen froze 3 different times when it sent me to the verification page after hitting submit order. This $100 order is the cheapest ive ever got off of newegg, and my purchase has been at "order verification" for 36hrs now. Its ridiculous and frustrating that a 5min phone call would fix it all, yet you can't call them and talk to an actual human. If you're stuck at the order verification stage for more than an hour or 2, your order will not go through. You'll get an email stating that after 48hrs. I've had that happen to me when using my Visa card. My debit has always worked up until now. Would love to know if any1 having this same issue has found out a fix for it.

PotaPancake

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
I'm also stuck in Order Verification limbo. I've spent over 30k in their business and personal site over the years and now after an order of less than $500 I'm stuck in limbo for the past day.

I paid for rush (Always do, more so as a thank you for being tax free), paid for fast shipping and still get stuck. I contacted support and I was very nice, It's not even a huge deal if the order doesn't come in this week, I'm patient but whoever was on the support end was very rude. Basically telling me a copy paste policy (1-3 days tough sh%t) then proceeding to tell me to "screw off". Again being polite, asking if I needed to do anything to speed up the process got the EXACT same copy paste answer(In broken English). Before I could respond the agent said good-bye, closed the chat and that was it.

This isn't even the first time something like this has happened, just a few months ago, when it really mattered (128 GBs of ECC ram for our servers went out in a power surge)one of our orders was delayed 1.5 weeks with order verification. We ended up buying from tiger through our rep and got the ram next day (cheaper) with some free shirts for being good customers. I've been a customer for a long time but lately these new policies make me feel like I'm buying from China. Where's the old newegg where I could call up and chat about hardware for 30 minutes with the sales agent and get my order on time or faster?

Anyway, If it goes another day I'll just cancel it and buy from amazon. I know I'm a small fish but I might just end this relationship with Newegg, I just can't rely on them anymore. :(

IncendiaryLemon

Honorable
Jul 10, 2015
I received no verification email, and since I was using a guest account I don't know what the order number was. They did take my money, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.