Start menu question - making icons smaller

May 4, 2005 9:41:04 PM

Is there a way to just make the icons next to Programs Search Run etc smaller
but NOT make the text smaller. Been tryign to look for an option everywhere
including in the registry. Not having any luck
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:14:43 AM

"Devious" <Devious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to just make the icons next to Programs Search Run etc
> smaller
> but NOT make the text smaller. Been tryign to look for an option
> everywhere
> including in the registry. Not having any luck

Right clich on the taskbar under not on the start button click
properties>Start Menu Tab> Customize. On the General tab there should a Icon
of a desttop PC and two radio buttons for large & small icons.

Hope that helps.
GL & GB
TazKlingon
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:14:44 AM

Nope sorry. Doesn't work with the classic start menu that I use. I changed to
just the start menu too see what that option changes and thats not quite what
I want. I need to know where windows stores the start menu settings so we can
manually change the size to as small as we want without compromising text
size. Might have a look at TweakUI to see if it can do it

!