Start menu question - making icons smaller

Is there a way to just make the icons next to Programs Search Run etc smaller
but NOT make the text smaller. Been tryign to look for an option everywhere
including in the registry. Not having any luck
2 answers Last reply
More about start menu question making icons smaller

    "Devious" <Devious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to just make the icons next to Programs Search Run etc
    > smaller
    > but NOT make the text smaller. Been tryign to look for an option
    > everywhere
    > including in the registry. Not having any luck

    Right clich on the taskbar under not on the start button click
    properties>Start Menu Tab> Customize. On the General tab there should a Icon
    of a desttop PC and two radio buttons for large & small icons.

    Hope that helps.
    GL & GB
    TazKlingon

    Nope sorry. Doesn't work with the classic start menu that I use. I changed to
    just the start menu too see what that option changes and thats not quite what
    I want. I need to know where windows stores the start menu settings so we can
    manually change the size to as small as we want without compromising text
    size. Might have a look at TweakUI to see if it can do it

    "TazKlingon" wrote:

    > "Devious" <Devious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to just make the icons next to Programs Search Run etc
    > > smaller
    > > but NOT make the text smaller. Been tryign to look for an option
    > > everywhere
    > > including in the registry. Not having any luck
    >
    > Right clich on the taskbar under not on the start button click
    > properties>Start Menu Tab> Customize. On the General tab there should a Icon
    > of a desttop PC and two radio buttons for large & small icons.
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    > GL & GB
    > TazKlingon

Start Menu Microsoft Icons Windows XP