What the Dickens were HP thinking of? HP iPAQ hw6515

a b α HP
July 30, 2005 11:27:06 AM

Great spec device, but 'shock horror' no Wi-Fi????

Does anyone know if HP will fix this?

Good luck!
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 30, 2005 3:33:50 PM

Rumors. Google for hw6700 or hw6715. Specs include WiFi but variably loose
the GPS or SD slot or not. I'd rather they keep the GPS and loose the
camera.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
<singh_ding_ring@boltblue.com> wrote in message
> Great spec device, but 'shock horror' no Wi-Fi????
>
> Does anyone know if HP will fix this?
>
> Good luck!

Anonymous
a b α HP
July 31, 2005 2:14:11 AM

Great spec device, but 'shock horror' no Wi-Fi????

> Does anyone know if HP will fix this?

fix it ? I am an owner and I love it - bluetooth and gps ideal for out and
about. I had a pda with wifi and I found that wifi was available at home and
at work - great for pda but when you have a full pc sitting there hard to
use pda.

I bough the spectec sd card wifi adaptor that sits out about 2mm which is
ace for wifi when I need it.

given a choice between the 6700 and the 6515 I would go for the 6515 with
gps and wifi option.....l

don't under estimate this pda - it the best I have had and have had many.

3100, 3600, 5510,2210,hp jornada, 4000 series x2, rx3715,imate jam, 6515

David
Related resources
July 31, 2005 3:10:32 AM

You can buy spectec's mini-sdio or sdio wifi card (only extends about 2 mm
outside of unit) both work (according to various forum posts)
despite HP says only SD slot supports SDIO

Juhani Suhonen

<singh_ding_ring@boltblue.com> wrote in message
> Great spec device, but 'shock horror' no Wi-Fi????
>
> Does anyone know if HP will fix this?
>
> Good luck!

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 2, 2005 1:38:29 AM

Jussi wrote:
> You can buy spectec's mini-sdio or sdio wifi card (only extends about 2 mm
> outside of unit) both work (according to various forum posts)
> despite HP says only SD slot supports SDIO

RFC1885: Netiquette guidelines.
http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

"... wielkie Ci dzieki za Twoje piosenki
ogniu strzelisty ..."

Dzwon Tanio: http://caller.wants-more.info
Badz Dostepny: http://who.wants-more.info
Wygrywaj Aukcje: http://sniper.wants-more.info
Badz Pierwszy: http://eu.wants-more.info
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 2, 2005 1:46:08 AM

Any particular piece you think is relative here, or are you just
demonstrating your ability to reference urls?

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"Enfant Terrible" <r7x@interia.pl> wrote in message
news:D cm4ol$op$4@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Jussi wrote:
>> You can buy spectec's mini-sdio or sdio wifi card (only extends about 2
>> mm
>> outside of unit) both work (according to various forum posts)
>> despite HP says only SD slot supports SDIO
>
> RFC1885: Netiquette guidelines.
> http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

> "... wielkie Ci dzieki za Twoje piosenki
> ogniu strzelisty ..."
>
> Dzwon Tanio: http://caller.wants-more.info
> Badz Dostepny: http://who.wants-more.info
> Wygrywaj Aukcje: http://sniper.wants-more.info
> Badz Pierwszy: http://eu.wants-more.info
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 2, 2005 4:32:31 AM

"Enfant Terrible" <r7x@interia.pl> wrote in message
news:D cm4ol$op$4@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> RFC1885: Netiquette guidelines.
> http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

"Last page update : 24 October 1995"

We've all passed a lot of water since then.

--
WH
Anonymous

Sven wrote:
> Any particular piece you think is relative here, or are you just
> demonstrating your ability to reference urls?

If you can not see relativity nobody is able to help you ...

let you stay in peace :)

"... wielkie Ci dzieki za Twoje piosenki
ogniu strzelisty ..."

Dzwon Tanio: http://caller.wants-more.info
Badz Dostepny: http://who.wants-more.info
Wygrywaj Aukcje: http://sniper.wants-more.info
Badz Pierwszy: http://eu.wants-more.info
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 3, 2005 12:50:26 AM

William Hart wrote:
> "Last page update : 24 October 1995"
>
> We've all passed a lot of water since then.

if something is good you do not need to change it ...

Some law in your and some in mine became law far before 1995.

Greetings,

"... wielkie Ci dzieki za Twoje piosenki
ogniu strzelisty ..."

Dzwon Tanio: http://caller.wants-more.info
Badz Dostepny: http://who.wants-more.info
Wygrywaj Aukcje: http://sniper.wants-more.info
Badz Pierwszy: http://eu.wants-more.info
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 3, 2005 11:45:41 AM

fwiw, it's not a "law" it's a set of "guidelines"

Why are you, as the newcomer here, so intent on disrupting a newsgroup
that has not needed those guidelines for over five years?

Please feel free to use those guidelines in your own posts, but, as
responded to you previously, those guidelines _cause reading problems
when accessing this group using a pocketpc or other pda!_

Respecfully requested,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!