New SONY XS owners-DVI or component with cable?? Is there ..

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 10, 2004 7:31:00 PM

Have any of the new Sony XS owners tried their cable boxes using
component AND then switched to a DVI connection?
Is there a real difference in the picture quality??
Thanks for your help!
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 8:13:36 PM

This question has been asked many times. But the standard answers had
been:
1. buy both cable and try to see the diffence yourself.
2. DVI is better for digital display but may not make much difference
for analog display like CRT.

mouln@yahoo.com wrote:
> Have any of the new Sony XS owners tried their cable boxes using
> component AND then switched to a DVI connection?
> Is there a real difference in the picture quality??
> Thanks for your help!
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 5:58:42 PM

No, but I have gone from cable box to CableCard with my Sony KDF-60XS955.
Cablecard provides a slightly (?) better HD picture and a significantly
better SD picture than the Time-Warner / Scientific Atlanta cable box,
connected via component cables.

mack
austin

!