Nero Burning Rom won't run w/ Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
I'm running vista home premium on a new laptop ( VIAO ) and after going through and cleaning out ( uninstalling ) some of the pre installed software that is useless to me, all of a sudden burning rom gives an error of "can't run" and shuts down. Express seems to work off and on but not reliably. I've tried reinstalling nero with the same problem persisting.

Any ideas ???

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
It's the latest version, and yes it worked fine before. The uninstall was pretty much all trial software like norton, skype, aol, things of this nature. This was all stuff pre installed as a trial basis by Sony. I am thinking it's a compatability issue with the dvd r at this point and not the software,,, maybe a reference driver attached to one of the things i removed. I have spotted lots of threads on problems with this matshita uj 8505 drive and Vista... some stating it's not Vista compliant. But it worked b4.
We'll try a restore and see if that solves it, but I it's been running so much smoother w/o all the extras that i wanted to avoid that. ( except for the drive of course ;) )

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
Vista has more log files than just about any MS product I've ever seen. It could help to just scan through some of them to see if anything is complaining; at least you might be able to get a dll name that one of us knows something about...

good luck

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
Thx guys,, I'll see what i can do. It's a friend's laptop and it's not here. I was just hoping some1 had had a similar issue and might spot it. I'll get back when i have more info.

mpjesse

Splendid
Not sure if this helps, but on both my upgrades to Vista, the compatibility scanner thingie told me Nero wasn't compatible and that I had to uninstall it.

*shrug*

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Try uninstalling Nero and reinstalling Nero. If it's not a trial version, be sure to copy down the key. Then go to Nero's website and download the latest Nero for Vista (might be considered the "Trial" version, but during the install process, it will allow you to change the Serial key).

I updated Nero to the latest version and have no issues burning of whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.