Phantasy Star Trilogy and 3D Ages move closer to U.S. shor..

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1921.html

D3 Publisher Establishes American Subsidiary
10.13.04 - 10:34 PM

D3 Publisher has announced the creation of an American subsidiary. Its
Tokyo-based parent company will hold a 99.5% stake in the new
enterprise, which will officially begin operations on November 1st.
For the time being, D3 Publisher wants to establish its own
distribution channels for packaged software on the American market.
The planned expansion however also includes planning and development
of software as future options.

D3 Publisher is best known in Japan for its highly popular Simple 2000
series of budget releases. The company has also released HuneX's
PlayStation 2 dating simulation Love Songs: Idol no Classmate and
various spin-offs. Furthermore, D3 Publisher holds a 49% in 3D Ages, a
joint venture with Sega Sammy Holdings, which re-releases classic
titles such as Phantasy Star on the PlayStation 2 at budget prices.

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

On 15 Oct 2004 23:45:05 -0700, optimusprimettf@yahoo.com (Combaticon)
wrote:

>D3 Publisher has announced the creation of an American subsidiary. Its
>Tokyo-based parent company will hold a 99.5% stake in the new
>enterprise, which will officially begin operations on November 1st.
>For the time being, D3 Publisher wants to establish its own
>distribution channels for packaged software on the American market.
>The planned expansion however also includes planning and development
>of software as future options.
>
>D3 Publisher is best known in Japan for its highly popular Simple 2000
>series of budget releases. The company has also released HuneX's
>PlayStation 2 dating simulation Love Songs: Idol no Classmate and
>various spin-offs. Furthermore, D3 Publisher holds a 49% in 3D Ages, a
>joint venture with Sega Sammy Holdings, which re-releases classic
>titles such as Phantasy Star on the PlayStation 2 at budget prices.

Good thing, I actually like some of those Simple 2000 games.

But SEGA of America has already bought the rights back from Conspiracy
Entertainment for the Ages games. Conspiracy has had alot of problems
lately (sad because they did publish some really good stuff)

TRENDING THREADS