Drive Letter "E"

I have installed a new DVD drive but cannot read thge drive letter in
Windows Explorer. Can anyone advise.
John R Lowry

Download from here (right hand side):
Tweak UI, go to "Drives" section and see if the box related to the drive is unticked. If so, tick it.

"John Lowry" <jrlowry.rics@ntlworld.com> escribió en el mensaje news:ucwQU8VUFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I have installed a new DVD drive but cannot read thge drive letter in
> Windows Explorer. Can anyone advise.
> John R Lowry

Hi, John.

Many WinXP users (even veterans) have not yet found Disk Management. This
is the tool that we now use to change drive letter assignments - as well as
to create and delete partitions and format them, plus a few other jobs that
we used other tools for in earlier versions of Windows. Disk Management
handles all our devices that can be assigned "drive" letters, such as HD
volumes, CD/DVD drives, USB "flash" drives, and even digital cameras and
card readers.

There are several ways to find Disk Management; one is Start | Run, and
enter: diskmgmt.msc

By default, WinXP assigns drive letters afresh, depending on what hardware
is connected, each time it reboots. So your DVD might be E: this time, but
if you plug in a camera and reboot, the camera might become E: and your DVD
drive might move to F:. But if you assign the letters you want in Disk
Management, WinXP will attempt to use those same letters each time it
reboots. I like to assign letters that I can remember easily and that won't
conflict, reserving the early alphabet for HD volumes and using something
like V: for DVD or W: for a CD Writer. Make YOUR computer system fit YOU.
;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"John Lowry" <jrlowry.rics@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have installed a new DVD drive but cannot read thge drive letter in
>Windows Explorer. Can anyone advise.
> John R Lowry

ME

Check the BIOS to see if it has recognised the new DVD or not...

Carlos