Sapphire Custom Cooled HD2900xt

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
God damn, Looks like they used one of those turbines you find on Rolls-Royce 747 Turbines! 8O

Still looks kickass. Bet it takes up much room though.

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
hydromenethoxide-unleaded, in a solid state and found on mercury only.

no, it doesnt exist.

the zip cord couldnt be shown because currently, it is being used to give all you folks power. yep, the power lines will need to be used to sustain a rpm long enough to power the fan. then we must reconnect the power lines to power the fan.

* nuclear-fusion power plant not included*

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
God damn, Looks like they used one of those turbines you find on Rolls-Royce 747 Turbines! 8O

Still looks kickass. Bet it takes up much room though.

Bet if you were playing FS, you could actually be there with the roaring turbine engine! :lol:

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
seriously tho, just cause its gota turbine like fan dosent mean its louder.. these type of blower type fans are quieter and push more air. personally, i like it better than the stock + i think its also arctic cooling designed. no? 8O

TonyStark

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
sapphire%2Bheatpipe%2BR600.jpg

Looks like the heat pipes would get in the way of the crossfire connections.

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
Did anyone besides me notice that the Crossfire bridge on the top of the card may be partially obstructed by the heat pipe. That would stink if you bought two of these cards, and you couldn't make the crossfire ribbon connector fit.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
actually, that specific fan looks like the one in the accellero, and that fan is near silent...
also, it may just be another companies cooler on the r600 and sold by sapphire, it doesn't have to be sapphires design... and yeah, i noticed that with the crossfire also, good thing there is no solid bridges, they are all lengthy floppy ones.

Stealth_JAG

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Do you even need a cross-fire strap for the 2900XT? I'll admit I've never used cross-fire before (if that fact is not already obvious from my post). I thought one of the improvements in the 2900 series cards, however, was "integrated" crossfire. I thought that meant if you had a cross-fire capable motherboard, you didn't need any external connections between two cards to run them in crossfire. OK - I'm ready to sit back and be educated by the Ape, or any other GPU expert, on where I'm probably wrong.

Rob

Internal Xfire for the R600s means no external dongle, they've been replaced with the internal ribbon connectors found on the X1650XT and X1950Pro. There's also no separate compositing chip it's built into the VPU now, and therefore no master/slave since they all have compositing ability.

Here's a quick descriptions;
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/radeon_x1950_pro_crossfire/

The HD2900s , HD2600, and based on pics the HD2400s will use this ribbon connector for Xfire.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I just want to know if AMD is going to hook me up with solar panels for the roof because it doesn't seem I'm going to have enough cash to pay for the electricity for the card AND the air conditioning for my Michigan apartment.

pauldh

Illustrious
I just want to know if AMD is going to hook me up with solar panels for the roof because it doesn't seem I'm going to have enough cash to pay for the electricity for the card AND the air conditioning for my Michigan apartment.
Hmmm, lucky for you the 7600GS is available. :p