HDMI Cable Pricing?

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 11, 2004 5:11:30 PM

Anyone spotted reasonable prices....?

I've been stringing wires as a ham radio type for over 40 years and cannot
*believe" the prices of the cables.
I know dealers need to make money on margins via accessories,-- but,

I'm almost surprised "60 Minutes" hasn't done a story on the pricing of
these and inkjet printer cartridges! :-)

Gary
K4GPB

More about : hdmi cable pricing

December 11, 2004 5:11:31 PM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:11:30 GMT, "Gary Brown" <gbrown@nc.rr.com>
wrote:

>Anyone spotted reasonable prices....?
>
>I've been stringing wires as a ham radio type for over 40 years and cannot
>*believe" the prices of the cables.
>I know dealers need to make money on margins via accessories,-- but,
>
>I'm almost surprised "60 Minutes" hasn't done a story on the pricing of
>these and inkjet printer cartridges! :-)
--------------
Try this:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 5:11:32 PM

And there is Ebay.
"Abe" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:11:30 GMT, "Gary Brown" <gbrown@nc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone spotted reasonable prices....?
> >
> >I've been stringing wires as a ham radio type for over 40 years and
cannot
> >*believe" the prices of the cables.
> >I know dealers need to make money on margins via accessories,-- but,
> >
> >I'm almost surprised "60 Minutes" hasn't done a story on the pricing of
> >these and inkjet printer cartridges! :-)
> --------------
> Try this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
076846&CatId=1638
December 11, 2004 10:19:45 PM

Good catch, Abe (thanks) Gary
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 7:42:40 AM

> I've been stringing wires as a ham radio type for over 40 years and cannot
> *believe" the prices of the cables.

Neither can I, brotha!

> I know dealers need to make money on margins via accessories,-- but,

Can't even find cheap cables in Radio Shack anymore. This is nothing but
exploitation that the average consumer has little understanding of basic
electronic principles. Its damn near criminal.

> I'm almost surprised "60 Minutes" hasn't done a story on the pricing of
> these and inkjet printer cartridges! :-)

I've emailed local television stations that do "Don't Waste Your Money" news
segments during the 11 O'clock to consider doing a segment on cable
rip-offs. Never got any replies. I guess they are to spineless to go after
"Mobster Cable" and hence, piss off the "Best Buy" ass clowns that are one
of the major advertiser clients -- even though I'm sure their studios aren't
using these cables.

> Anyone spotted reasonable prices....?

Just bought a DVI-HDMI cable for pennies. Works great. Price was $8.50
(Yep, eight dollars and fifty cents.) I also picked up a spare 6-foot
component cable with the same order for $4.

http://www.monoprice.com

These guys were great. Professional all around. (Check out "Reseller
Ratings")

Cheers!
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 3:20:59 PM

Look on ebay - there are a lot of good cable prices.

"Gary Brown" <gbrown@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Anyone spotted reasonable prices....?
>
> I've been stringing wires as a ham radio type for over 40 years and cannot
> *believe" the prices of the cables.
> I know dealers need to make money on margins via accessories,-- but,
>
> I'm almost surprised "60 Minutes" hasn't done a story on the pricing of
> these and inkjet printer cartridges! :-)
>
> Gary
> K4GPB

December 12, 2004 4:54:49 PM

>Look on ebay - there are a lot of good cable prices.
---------
The cable prices are good, but those sellers charge absurd shipping
charges.
!