Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DVD Burning problem with Vista, Slooooooow

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 21, 2007 3:12:22 PM

Got an HP box computer from Circuit City and when I put in a blank DVD it gives you the choice to burn with Windows, Roxio Creator ETC.

I choose windows and it takes hours just to move a few files to the DVD.

The Roxio burns nice and fast but I hate Roxio and it's just the basic version and I was going to uninstall it.

What could be the problem with the Windows burner?

Thanks. :roll:
May 22, 2007 7:03:22 AM

ohhh, uninstall roxio. there are too many free or really cheap applications that copy real fast. as you have seen, microsoft is not one of them but you should yahoo or google for something that is fast (and then ask around again, so you still don't wind up with CRAP anyways!:) ). I use stuff from slysoft (anydvd...) and it all works great for me but it cost a few dollars to get the entire suite and I know you may not want to spend anymore money. I think I am probably like you and most other people that have used the 'all-inclusive' packages (roxio & nero), those packages want to do too much to your computer AND, they want to contact their 'servers' all the time (what is with that)??!?.

Best
--DD
May 23, 2007 2:45:24 PM

I burned a DVD video a few weeks ago with Nero in about 12 minutes.

I'm using the latest Nero.

Btw, you can disable to "Check Server for Updates" option :wink:
Related resources
May 23, 2007 3:02:25 PM

Quote:
I burned a DVD video a few weeks ago with Nero in about 12 minutes.

I'm using the latest Nero.

Btw, you can disable to "Check Server for Updates" option :wink:

Do you like Nero better then Roxio?

I don't know why but Roxio has so much crap in it that I'm not very fond of it.

Nero any better?
May 23, 2007 3:28:13 PM

I have Roxio on my Dell Laptop for work, but I never use it. So I can't really say Nero is better than Roxio.

However, Roxio feels limited in my opinion. I've been using Nero since v5 and have never used anything else because I've had no need to try anything else. Nero has always worked for me.
!