• NICs
  • Wireless
  • Games
  • Windows Vista
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
May 5, 2007 12:59:52 PM

Hey, I need to find a good Linksys wireless card that works with windows Vista and will hold up real well when playing online games (like WOW or Vanguard). any help is appreciated> i just dont want to be losing my connection every !) minutes like with my old card

More about : wireless card play online games work vista

May 9, 2007 1:00:55 AM

Quote:
Hey, I need to find a good Linksys wireless card that works with windows Vista and will hold up real well when playing online games (like WOW or Vanguard). any help is appreciated> i just dont want to be losing my connection every !) minutes like with my old card

I hate my WMP54G. IT SUCKS. Right now I have a LOW connection.

Im going to buy my friends old Edimax card off of him. Supposed to be good:
Dunno about Vista

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Check it out
May 9, 2007 1:55:46 AM

Personally, I like the D-Link DWA-552. It has wireless N support, and currently, my pings are in the twenties, and I have 300 mb\s running the D-Link DIR-655. If you upgrade your router too, wait for the dual band unit to come out.

Yes the card should work with your router, you can mix and match. Personally I dont like linksys though, I have set up several networks, and my favorites have been by far the D-links
May 9, 2007 4:56:51 PM

No offence... but there is just no substitute for a wire. Wireless uses a collision avoidance scheme and the latency you see depends on how many stations you have on your network and how far each station is from your wireless router and the traffic pattern on the network. So that means if you have several end points on your network you could see some really bad latency depending on your data pattern. If you’re looking for the lowest possible latency, wired Ethernet is the only way to go.

However, if you have only a couple of stations on your network and the traffic pattern is light you’re performance will be pretty good and you won’t need to string wires.
!