my vista sleep feature isn't working?

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
My PC sleep feature isn't working. I did set the time to 1hr but it never happened. I also set the PC to power saving mode but no luck.

What other setting should I change on vista?

Solution
Check with your motherboard manufacturer forum. For example, ASUS has a statement on some of their motherboards that Sleep is not supported under Vista. If your motherboard supports Vista Sleep, USB and PS/2 devices may be keeping your PC from entering Sleep - you can disable the issue by deselecting "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" under their device properties. If it's a new PC and you haven't used Sleep before, make sure your motherboard jumpers are set for it (usually listed in your hardware manual).

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Check with your motherboard manufacturer forum. For example, ASUS has a statement on some of their motherboards that Sleep is not supported under Vista. If your motherboard supports Vista Sleep, USB and PS/2 devices may be keeping your PC from entering Sleep - you can disable the issue by deselecting "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" under their device properties. If it's a new PC and you haven't used Sleep before, make sure your motherboard jumpers are set for it (usually listed in your hardware manual).

Solution