Closed

Vista will not wake up from sleep?

I have Vista Premium on a new HP computer and after the computer goes into sleep mode it will not wake up.

The whole system seems to lock up and I have to hold the power button and then start from the black menu screen.

How can I fix this problem? :?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about vista wake sleep
  1. Before you get to skate on your very lightly qualified HP/Vista question... :) How are you trying to wake 'it' up? Is this a notebook or desktop PC? Are your user interface devices (assuming mouse and keyboard only) connected via PS2, USB, bluetooth...? If USB or bluetoot (HP's wireless interface is only a radio to USB device), is it plugged directly into the MoBo or is it possibly going through another hub? If it is a notebook, does it wake up using the internal pad, keyboard joystick, or keyboard?

Thanks,
    --DD
  2. It's a desktop and I have a logitech Bluetooth mouse & keyboard that connects to a USB bluetooth dongle plugged into a USB port on the back of the computer.

I'm trying tp wake it up moving the mouse or keyboard with no luck.

Is there a special setting for this set up or a secret to waking up the computer?

Thanks.
  3. So, where I am coming from is that there is a selection in a USB hub device (properties) that allowes you to enable or disable that device depending on whenever a computer is supposed to turn on or off. This is a specification available to allow you to control your 'save power' environment. That feature gates on whether the device is able to operate properly when the system is put to sleep.

If that USB hub is allowed to really be off when the computer is put to sleep, then it makes total sense to me that nothing off of that hub device would respond after your system has entered a sleep state. This is just another idea for you to investigate.

--DD
  4. Quote:
    So, where I am coming from is that there is a selection in a USB hub device (properties) that allowes you to enable or disable that device depending on whenever a computer is supposed to turn on or off. This is a specification available to allow you to control your 'save power' environment. That feature gates on whether the device is able to operate properly when the system is put to sleep.

If that USB hub is allowed to really be off when the computer is put to sleep, then it makes total sense to me that nothing off of that hub device would respond after your system has entered a sleep state. This is just another idea for you to investigate.

--DD

Please let me know how and where this selection is at?
    I can find the USB's in device manager but no where to make these changed? Thanks..

I also found under power options a USB Selective Suspend Setting and it's set at Disabled. Should this be Enabled?
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Hewlett Packard Windows Vista