no picture with HDTV

I have the samsung 27 inch HDTV (TXN2798HF) and for soem reason i cannot
get a signal to the T.V. form my computer. I have a x800 XT PE video
card and with a DVI Cable form the video card directly into the T.V.
DVI INPUT. The problem i have is all i get is a green screen on the
T.V. I have tried diffrent resolutions and drivers. I tried connecting
just the T.V. and also with a CRT with no luck. Am i missing something
that i need to set in order for it to work?

--
raidflex
More about picture hdtv

    do you get an HD signal from the card to the PC monitor?

    what type of antenna are you using?

    are you receiving HD in your area?

    --
    charper1

    raidflex wrote:
    > I have the samsung 27 inch HDTV (TXN2798HF) and for soem reason i cannot
    > get a signal to the T.V. form my computer. I have a x800 XT PE video
    > card and with a DVI Cable form the video card directly into the T.V.
    > DVI INPUT. The problem i have is all i get is a green screen on the
    > T.V. I have tried diffrent resolutions and drivers. I tried connecting
    > just the T.V. and also with a CRT with no luck. Am i missing something
    > that i need to set in order for it to work?

    Right click desktop and then select properties. You should be in the
    Display Properties. Choose Settings. Now look for 2 outputs to select
    from. One being Monitor and other TV. Choose TV.
    Hope that is it
    Terry Joyce

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, raidflex <raidflex.1h589w@satelliteguys.us> wrote:

    > I have the samsung 27 inch HDTV (TXN2798HF) and for soem reason i cannot
    > get a signal to the T.V. form my computer. I have a x800 XT PE video
    > card and with a DVI Cable form the video card directly into the T.V.
    > DVI INPUT. The problem i have is all i get is a green screen on the
    > T.V. I have tried diffrent resolutions and drivers. I tried connecting
    > just the T.V. and also with a CRT with no luck. Am i missing something
    > that i need to set in order for it to work?

    What you are missing is your TV manual, which says "The DIGITAL INPUT jack
    is not compatible with the picture signal of a personal computer." The
    DVI port on that TV is only compatible with 1080i and 480p picture
    signals.

    Even LCD HDTVs are not necessarily PC compatible, but the manual for my
    27" LCD lists which HDTV and PC video modes it will accept.

    raidflex <raidflex.1h589w@satelliteguys.us> wrote (in part):

    >I have the samsung 27 inch HDTV (TXN2798HF) and for soem reason i cannot
    >get a signal to the T.V. form my computer. I have a x800 XT PE video
    >card and with a DVI Cable form the video card directly into the T.V.
    >DVI INPUT. The problem i have is all i get is a green screen on the
    >T.V. I have tried diffrent resolutions and drivers. I tried connecting
    >just the T.V. and also with a CRT with no luck. Am i missing something
    >that i need to set in order for it to work?

    Your TV probably can't display any scan rate that isn't pretty close
    to one of the defined HD or SD rates, and the video cards I've used
    don't come with drivers to do those rates. Most of us who fool around
    with home theater PCs end up using Powerstrip, a program that provides
    those rates and many more. And the true afficionados (I'm not there
    yet) add their own rates to get the display just the way they want it.
    Check out http://www.entechtaiwan.net

    Del Mibbler <mibbler@nycap.rr.com>

HDTV Home Theatre