GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I have loaded winxp with service pk 2.
how do stop the login screen from appearing with bootup. I am home single
user and I just want it to bypass this and bootup

Go to Start -> Run.
Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

control userpasswords2

Click OK.
Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer".
In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User Name"
box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
not have a password.
Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired results.

--
Nepatsfan
"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
>I have loaded winxp with service pk 2.
> how do stop the login screen from appearing with bootup. I am
> home single user and I just want it to bypass this and bootup

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I just kept every setting the same and deleted the .net account in
userpasswords2.
after that it worked fine

how come userpasswords2 doesnt show up in regular control panel and do you
get it to display?

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> Go to Start -> Run.
> Copy and paste the following into the Open box:
>
> control userpasswords2
>
> Click OK.
> Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
> computer".
> In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User Name" box with
> your user account. Enter your password twice.
> Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does not have a
> password.
> Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired results.
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
>>I have loaded winxp with service pk 2.
>> how do stop the login screen from appearing with bootup. I am home single
>> user and I just want it to bypass this and bootup

In order to display control userpasswords2 in control panel
dowload and run the registry edit on the right hand side of line
1: