Device driver problems PLEASE HELP!

osiszh

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
I have Windows XP x64 Corporate installed on my machine. When I originally installed it all the drivers were fine. I have a Nvidia GeForce 6600GT video card. I have S-video out going to my TV. I normally watch movies from my computer to TV but the resolution on the TV wasn't maxed out to the size of the TV, there was about 1 inch of black screen between the edge of the screen and the actual video. I thought I could fix the screen size on the TV by installing the Nvidia drivers from their website. When I did this it was a horror, it made the screen size of the TV even smaller and was giving me problems with my desktop LCD monitor. So I decided to uninstall the Nvidia drivers. When I did this it wrecked my video card and monitor drivers originally supplied to me from the Windows XP x64 disc. Now under my graphics adapter it says "Standard VGA Graphics Adapater" whereas before it said "Nvidia Geforce 6600GT". Also under my monitor in the device manager it says "Plug and play monitor" whereas before it was a "Viewsonic VA902b" driver. I have tried to use windows update to get my original drivers back as well as the installation disc but everytime it says my drivers are already up to date. I have uninstalled the devices from the device manager as well but still no luck. How can I get my original drivers back? Shouldn't they be stored somewhere in my C: drive. Thanks a lot!