How to "hack" my documents folder

My motherboard died on me. I bought a new different one but, obviously i cannot get windows to start. I plugged the HDD on another PC to copy all the important data to another disk so i can format and install windows again.

The thing is, how to i open the "my documents" folder of a user account i had that is password protected?

PS: I obviously know the password.
8 answers Last reply
More about hack documents folder
  1. why can't you put the old hdd in the new system?
  2. Did you try to boot into Safe Mode with the old version of Windows installed on the mobo. If you can get into Safe Mode uninstall all the drivers. I've been able to boot into Windows with a new mobo but I uninstalled all the drivers before I did it
  3. quick and simple... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 ....
    you might be forced to disable simple file sharing to see the Permissions options of a folder
  4. Dude, you totally rock! That link you provided was exaclty what I needed to access my wife's soon-to-be-replaced HDD.

And it was so easy to phucking do it was scary!
  5. one thing that you might already notice... you might have to do that for almost every folder you have... at least to me it happens a lot... glad to help
  6. Don't make your folders Private.

Grumpy
  7. windows xp security is just too lamme... you can override with just some clicks in your mouse... do it when you feel the need to do it... and in a system fail you know you can acess the data.
  8. Quote:
    windows xp security is just too lamme... you can override with just some clicks in your mouse... do it when you feel the need to do it... and in a system fail you know you can acess the data.

You can do that i any system, where you can gain physical access
Ask a new question

Read More

My Documents Motherboards Windows XP