cpu temperature

what are the typical temperatures of a s939 4200+ under ideal and burn?
4 answers Last reply
More about temperature
  1. Its summer time where i am an my 4400 is getting to low 50,s
    under load.
    This is with it at 2.6ghz. but it does the same stock.
    Also this is with the ac off and just the windows open.
  2. Quote:
    what are the typical temperatures of a s939 4200+ under ideal and burn?

I have my fans spinning slowly for noise reduction and actually, my X2 4200+ is rendering ~55°C with the AMD stock cooler spinning @ 3100rpm.
  3. When it comes to AMD the normal temp is quite a bit complicated some X2s work at about 42c fully loaded some works around 50c (the same nm and model),but i know for X2s everything under 52c is OK(with stock HSF) is you could stand loud fan noise.
    You may check newegg reviews also.
  4. Quote:
    When it comes to AMD the normal temp is quite a bit complicated some X2s work at about 42c fully loaded some works around 50c (the same nm and model),but i know for X2s everything under 52c is OK(with stock HSF) is you could stand loud fan noise.
    You may check newegg reviews also.

S939 X2s run at something like 48-55°C depending on the Vcore; the first ones used 1.40V while later they dropped to 1.35V. Socket AM2 versions have a wider temp range because they have normal and low power models. Normal models are slightly cooler than the S939 versions because their specs are 1.30-1.35V while low power ones run @ 1.20-1.25V, resulting in the ~42° you mention. The cool thing with most of the latest AM2 X2s is that they are low power chips even if they're not rated as such, so they're either good 2.8-3.0G overclockers with almost stock 1.40-1.45V, or you can bring their Vcore down to 1.20V @ stock speed and drop the temps as much as 10°C to make them fit nicely in a HTPC.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Burner Temperature