ckburnham

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
How do I turn this function on? Does it just start up automatically or do I have to turn something on? I think my graphics card should be able to handle it as on the box it says "Made For Vista" or something like that...

I use an XFX 8600GTS XXX

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Aero kicks in when you turn on certain types of eye-candy. Use a video for your background (Dreamscenes), change to animated icons or themes, etc. The only time you know it is definitely Aero is when there is an error, an app that can't run natively in Vista and has to go to compatibility mode or too many CPU resources are being used and it tells you it has to go back to Basic mode.

vdubpdx82

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
If you are not seeing that aero is working al you have to do is run the Windows system performance test and update your score as soon as that is done and Windows Vista has determined you can use aero it will turn on automaticly

Rela

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009

Hi, my aero isn't working. It died after I installed Asus gamer OSD. I uninstalled it but it's still not working.
I can't refresh my scores fore some time because I get this "Cannot complete assessment. The assessment or other operation did not complete successfully. This is due to an error being reported from the operating system, driver, or other component."

And this is true because every 5 minute I have a error window pop-up, saying "Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped working" and than I have 2 options send information and cancel. And I have no idea, what does this mean???

pezza

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Hi,

I realise this thread is old now, but i have also recently noticed that my Aero stopped working, with no issues being detected.

I just wanted to post this as it may help others. After a bit of digging around, i noticed that for some reason, my "colour depth" within the display settings had been reduced to 16 bit. Not a clue how, but after changing back to "Highest - 32 bit" Aero came back.

There are obviously lots of different reasons why Aero may stop working, as i found by googling, but hopefully this may help others if their display settings have changed.

Thanks

Andrew Perry