Sign in with
Your question

I need some serious help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2007 6:48:24 AM

Can someone help me identify this video card?
the S/N: 2300441003457 (I tried to google this but found nothing)
P/N: 102a3190300 (I type this into ati.com but found nothing :(  )

I really need to find the driver for this card but i cannot find what kind of card it is. Please help

More about : question

Related resources
May 6, 2007 7:23:31 AM

hey badge i hope u come back to read this.

I've download everything in that link you posted but when i try to install it. "System did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware," and then the then installation shut down.
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2007 7:26:53 AM

Quote:

I've download everything in that link you posted but when i try to install it. "System did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware," and then the then installation shut down.

You should uninstall any previous video drivers on your system. For the ATI driver to install you must have NET Framework 2.0 installed first. In addition, your video card may be malfunctioning. Could be a number of reasons. I installed the driver twice on my two x800's in recent days. Works great.
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2007 7:28:43 AM

Quote:

List your other system components, MB, RAM, CPU, PSU, etc.
May 6, 2007 7:48:59 AM

A reliable place to find drivers is www.driveragent.com. They scan your system and identify where you need to update drivers and identify where to go to find drivers.
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2007 8:02:00 AM

Quote:
I have uninstall my previous video card and disable it in BIOS. I've also updated my directx from microsoft.com. click here to see my system specs.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dime521/e...

It sounds like you have set your BIOS to a point where the system does not recognize the 800xt when you try and install it. You have an onboard video chip. You don't have to disable it. Just default your BIOS. Don't disable anything, default it and reboot. The system BIOS should pick up the X800 and make that the primary video source for your system. Then install the video driver. Is the X800 recognized in Device manager? If your system doesn't recognize and install at BIOS default values, you have other issues with your system that are not allowing you do something so simple as to install a video card driver.
May 6, 2007 5:26:06 PM

The card work the first time I inseart it in the pci-e slot. My BIOS reconnize it right away and when XP finished booted; it asked me for the installation CD.

as far as Im concern the only problem im having right now is finding the right driver for this card.
a c 130 U Graphics card
May 7, 2007 7:28:32 PM

I know this may sound weird but i tryed loads of apps trying to find info on my gpu the best thing i found was by accident.
I was running 3d marks on it and noticed there is a system info tab on 2001 that had all the detailed info for my card.
Thought id mention it might be worth a try.
May 7, 2007 8:23:39 PM

hey can you send the picture of the card. I dont think that u can identify cards by s/n or p/n. Its better that you take the heatsink off and identify the chipset
May 7, 2007 9:47:00 PM

Thanks for your generouse help,

I've finally figure the answer to my problem after calling ATI telephone support. The part number I gave them came back to be a am OEM product from DELL. Therfore, I cannot use the drivers from the website provided badge. My best bet to get this card up and running now is to find the correct driver from dell.com. But it seems that dell doesn't make this video card for Dimension e521. The seller told me he used it on his old DELL XPS system.

It would be really wonderful if I can get this card to work with my Dimension E521 because it ATI customer support guy told me that it is not a ATI X800 XT 128MB PCI-e (12 pixel pipeline), but instead its an ATI X800 XT 256MB PCI-e (16!! pixel pipeline).
May 7, 2007 10:11:40 PM

This might work. Use at your own risk.

If that link doesn't work for you, do a search on Dell's site for R119717.EXE using the "Technical Support" search option and you should find it.
May 8, 2007 3:29:30 PM

This really suck guys. Im really stuck on the dead end now. I've been trying to troubleshoot this thing for an entire week and came back with no absolutely no result. This makes me feel

All the drivers i downloaded from DELL does not work; the installation software from DELL closes on me a few second after I open it. The drivers from ATI.com said that it cannot find my current driver in my system, and it too closes after the error message.

Heres a picture of what it look like maybe u guys can help me out.
http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/99/dc/1c84_1.JPG

if that doesnt work then click here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Radeon-X800-XT-256mb-PCI-E-X800...
a c 130 U Graphics card
May 8, 2007 4:00:50 PM

Have you got .NET Framework 2.0 installed if not i think you will need to i had to get it to install my x800xl.
Also reading between the lines a bit ,when you say the system cant find a driver for the software does this mean that you are letting the wizard do the install if so dont. Get the drivers you think are right,put them on desk top.uninstall all traces of old drivers.
Reboot the comp, when the detected new hardware wizard comes up shut it until it stops coming up then double click on the drivers on the desktop and go from there.
Sorry if you already know all this.
Hope you get somewhere with it, keep updating the forum we dont like it when we loose :D 
April 18, 2011 3:02:37 PM

Anoobis said:
This might work. Use at your own risk.

If that link doesn't work for you, do a search on Dell's site for R119717.EXE using the "Technical Support" search option and you should find it.

I have the same caqrd the dell driver worked great thanks!!
!