ActiveSync conversion: keeping original file date and time

August 2, 2005 1:40:11 AM

I've copied my notes files with ActiveSync from my old Pocket PC to my
pc, date and time of each file were maintained.
When I copy the files to my new Pocket PC they are converted and now
have the current date and time which is undesirable.

Is there any way to keep the correct date and time when copying notes to
the Pocket PC?

Daniel
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:40:12 AM

Hi,
Did you try turning off the file conversion in ActiveSync - Tools - Options?

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

"Daniel Polak" <daniel@sys.nl> wrote in message
> I've copied my notes files with ActiveSync from my old Pocket PC to my pc,
> date and time of each file were maintained.
> When I copy the files to my new Pocket PC they are converted and now have
> the current date and time which is undesirable.
>
> Is there any way to keep the correct date and time when copying notes to
> the Pocket PC?
>
> Daniel
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:30:36 AM

==== Original message from Chris De Herrera at 2-8-2005 1:11
> Hi,
> Did you try turning off the file conversion in ActiveSync - Tools - Options?

I had not tried that but just did. Now it doesn't convert anymore but
still changes the date and time.
Strange isn't it?

Daniel
!