Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem with Nvidia drivers (What a surprise!!! :P)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 6, 2007 12:32:43 PM

Has anybody else noticed the following problem? I usually leave the antialiasing setting on enhance application setting because after some research it resulted that this is the best option, at least that's the conclusion I came to.

Anyway, the problem I encountered is that I like to play some old games that have no support for antialiasing whatsoever. I therefore decided to make a profile for each game under program settings and change the antialiasing setting to override application setting.

Now this is the weird bit. When I load the game there is still no antialiasing but when I put on the override application setting option under the global setting the antialiasing works. Can anybody see if he's able to reproduce this? It's a little frustrating to have to change settings everytime when the option is there in the first place.

I'd also like to take this occasion to note how shoddy nvidia drivers are getting lately. For example when I change a setting in the program settings everything beneath the drop-down menu disappears, and only appears after I've scrolled all the options down and up again, forcing a refresh of the options.

Anyway, thanks to all for your time and hope to have some responses.
May 6, 2007 1:20:11 PM

At least you can install them with the latest driver release on 3rd May, I can't!

I'm running Vista 64. With the 64bit drivers I get the following messages:

1. You cannot run a 32 bit uninstaller on a 64 bit system, the uninstaller will now terminate, then:

2. You have downloaded the 64 bit drivers, you need a 64 bit system to install these drivers and we cannot detect a 64 bit os, so the installation will now terminate!!!

So the built in unistaller terminates because its 32 bit running on a 64 bit system and the built in driver installer that follows terminates because it says there isn't a 64 bit system to install to!!

EDIT: Just been to Nvidia website, looks like they've withdrawn the drivers as on Friday they were version 158.24, now 158.18.
May 6, 2007 1:28:39 PM

Lol, that's pretty f*cked up right there m8. Sorry I laughed, but you've got to admit, it's funny. I really don't know what to say though, it's freakin' stupid.
Related resources
May 6, 2007 1:30:01 PM

faint......
May 6, 2007 3:35:37 PM

Search google for "nhancer" it will allow you to do what you want to do and it will give you a lot more options.
May 6, 2007 4:19:01 PM

thanks m8, will try it out.
May 6, 2007 4:26:27 PM

Hey, i have the same problem!
I made a profile for CNC3 with 16xAA but no AA in game... :( 
Have to change the AA setting every time i want to play a game! :x :evil: 
May 6, 2007 4:41:52 PM

I just tried out the nhancer program, that guy mentioned. Seems like a pretty well-built program. I know it's yet another program running in the background due to the ineptitude of the 'big' companies but what can one do?

UPDATE: Didn't work for me either. Just uninstalled it. Either I'm a complete moron or programs are starting to need some sweet talking to really work nowadays.
May 6, 2007 6:23:38 PM

I found something strange... :?
It seems that it's a Game problem because i made a profile for Dawn Of War Dark Crusade & it worked fine with AA/AF! :?
Still need to use nVIDIA Control Panel everytime for other games... :x
May 6, 2007 6:51:10 PM

Quote:
At least you can install them with the latest driver release on 3rd May, I can't!

I'm running Vista 64. With the 64bit drivers I get the following messages:

1. You cannot run a 32 bit uninstaller on a 64 bit system, the uninstaller will now terminate, then:

2. You have downloaded the 64 bit drivers, you need a 64 bit system to install these drivers and we cannot detect a 64 bit os, so the installation will now terminate!!!

So the built in unistaller terminates because its 32 bit running on a 64 bit system and the built in driver installer that follows terminates because it says there isn't a 64 bit system to install to!!




well, u are not alone
I had a similar type of problem.
I am also running Vista 64 , and when i tried to to install the drivers it said
' these drivers are for windows vista , u are not running vista' :roll:
LOL
May 6, 2007 7:39:38 PM

Quote:
At least you can install them with the latest driver release on 3rd May, I can't!

I'm running Vista 64. With the 64bit drivers I get the following messages:

1. You cannot run a 32 bit uninstaller on a 64 bit system, the uninstaller will now terminate, then:

2. You have downloaded the 64 bit drivers, you need a 64 bit system to install these drivers and we cannot detect a 64 bit os, so the installation will now terminate!!!

So the built in unistaller terminates because its 32 bit running on a 64 bit system and the built in driver installer that follows terminates because it says there isn't a 64 bit system to install to!!




well, u are not alone
I had a similar type of problem.
I am also running Vista 64 , and when i tried to to install the drivers it said
' these drivers are for windows vista , u are not running vista' :roll:
LOL

Great, seems like even the drivers themselves are not even considering Vista to be worthy of being called the new windows, hehe. :p 
May 6, 2007 7:41:28 PM

Quote:
I found something strange... :?
It seems that it's a Game problem because i made a profile for Dawn Of War Dark Crusade & it worked fine with AA/AF! :?
Still need to use nVIDIA Control Panel everytime for other games... :x


the games I tried it out with and didn't work include:

Lord of the Rings Battle for middle Earth II
Command & Conquer Generals & Zero hour
Silent Hunter 4

That's it for now.
May 6, 2007 7:57:22 PM

Quote:
Great, seems like even the drivers themselves are not even considering Vista to be worthy of being called the new windows, hehe. :p 


D@mn! You're freakin' funny....I'm luckier than you guys because I only use 32bit version of Vista....too lazy to find new drivers for my hardwares
May 6, 2007 8:19:51 PM

Quote:
Great, seems like even the drivers themselves are not even considering Vista to be worthy of being called the new windows, hehe. :p 


D@mn! You're freakin' funny....I'm luckier than you guys because I only use 32bit version of Vista....too lazy to find new drivers for my hardwares

seems like I'm luckier (or cleverer) than u also cause I'm still going with XP. I don't plan on going to Vista until at least 5 games worthy of the name utilise DirectX 10 properly. The way things are going Windows Vienna will probably be out by then.
May 7, 2007 12:59:10 AM

Quote:
Has anybody else noticed the following problem? I usually leave the antialiasing setting on enhance application setting because after some research it resulted that this is the best option, at least that's the conclusion I came to.

Anyway, the problem I encountered is that I like to play some old games that have no support for antialiasing whatsoever. I therefore decided to make a profile for each game under program settings and change the antialiasing setting to override application setting.


What are your settings in game?
May 7, 2007 5:19:35 AM

Quote:
Has anybody else noticed the following problem? I usually leave the antialiasing setting on enhance application setting because after some research it resulted that this is the best option, at least that's the conclusion I came to.

Anyway, the problem I encountered is that I like to play some old games that have no support for antialiasing whatsoever. I therefore decided to make a profile for each game under program settings and change the antialiasing setting to override application setting.


What are your settings in game?

In what sense? In which games?
May 7, 2007 10:56:39 AM

Quote:
I'd also like to take this occasion to note how shoddy nvidia drivers are getting lately.


Nvidia's vista drivers are the reason my card stopped working for a week, until I put an older Nvidia driver back on the computer. I'm hoping ATI has better luck with their vista drivers.
March 3, 2011 7:19:09 AM

well, my problem is that ...after the driver installation i have to reboot my pc..!!! next when the desktop loads up..!!! i get a flashing screen after a minute or so and none of the hardware devices respond..!!!
please help... :) 
!