Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I got a TV/FM Card... how do i use it?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2007 12:39:49 PM

Hi all,
Sorry if this is a lame question, but my friend had a TV card he wasn't using and so he gave it to me. Its a Asus TV7133/4? with a phillips TV something. Anyhow, it was taken from a HP computer. I don't think I have any software to use it with. I installed correctly plus latest drivers. It has analog ports (red, white, yellow) on the back, a TV/antenna port, and a s-video? on the back? what are they all used for. I also have a spare DVD player, so can I hook it up to my PC seeing as I dont have a DVD-rom? Is that all possible? hmm.. I read the manual too.. it says to have sound I have to plug something in to my motherboard, a Line-in. I've checked my motherboard manual and I dont really know where it is. Its a Grandmars nForce 3 250Gb chipset. Lastly, is there any free software anyone recommends me for Win XP? or the best paying software. Either way. Maybe I could dl a torrent? :D 

Thanks

More about : card

May 19, 2007 3:20:38 PM

Okay I can confirm my TV Card is a 'Asus TV7134 WDM Video Capture' as it says in the device manager. It is working, up and running. I got a hold of Intervideo's Home Theater software, however its a bit slow. The only thing I have left to do is connect the audio. Apparently I have to connect the JP1 Connector on the Asus TV Card to the Line-In (JP Audio-input) on my motherboard, because im using onboard sound.

This is all straightforward to me, but i cant find the Line-In on my motherboard. There is a Line-In port/jack on the rear panel, but I think it wants me to connect it internally, directly to the motherboard.

My motherboard is a Grandmars LanParty NForce3 250GB
Related resources
May 20, 2007 10:54:27 AM

:o 
How this works for me is there is a special cable that goes from the tv card to the same port you would normally plug the digital audio from a CD or DVD drive into. It would be "CD audio" or similar on the mainboard. On my mainboard it is called Internal Audio Connector:CD1 and is black. The tV2000 software works specifically with these philips based cards - I'd reccomend it.
May 20, 2007 1:07:43 PM

thanks a lot for the reply, it makes a lot more sense now. So i reckon I cant use cds in my pc? there wouldnt be any sound? =\ and also i would think the TV card audio-out port would be a different kind to the cd audio-in port right? cd-audio in is black in colour has 4 pins a bit larger, the audio-out on tv card is white and smaller also 4 pins.
November 12, 2008 5:43:37 PM

I have ASUS TV7133/4 REV: 1.01 with a Philips FQ1216ME/I H-3 builed in but i have no idea to use it. I need a driver that works or something????
February 20, 2011 9:24:05 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!