Run two different microsoft office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
If I have two separate Hard drives installed in a computer can I load office 97 pro on one and office 2000 pro on the other and run them independently. The reason I ask is I have a medical program that I won't upgrade because of cost and it only runs on office 97. I also want office 2000. Can I operate two different office programs from microsoft without them trying to upgade them selves. Bruce

syafthegeek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
As far as I'm concern when you try to install two version at one time it will prompt you to upgrade or detect the previous version of it. Why don't you try other office application suite like Open Office and also web based Google Office application's "Docs and Spreadsheets". Both of them by the way is free. It will saves you a lot of money. This is just my recommendation :)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
As far as I'm concern when you try to install two version at one time it will prompt you to upgrade or detect the previous version of it. Why don't you try other office application suite like Open Office and also web based Google Office application's "Docs and Spreadsheets". Both of them by the way is free. It will saves you a lot of money. This is just my recommendation :)

One way you might get around this is to install 97 somewhere other than the default install location. You could always partition your hard drive and dual boot installing 97 on one ad 2000 on the second

Status
Not open for further replies.