Activesync 3.8 + Outlook 2003

August 2, 2005 11:08:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

They just upgraded my machine at work and I'm wondering if I'll have
any problems syncing my IPAQ with different versions of Outlook.

I have Outlook 2003 at work...

I have Outlook 2000 at home...

I sync with (2) machines...

Does anyone know of any issues with Activesync 3.8 doing this?

Thanks,

A_C
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:33:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

you should have no problems, I sync with 2003 at home, 2002 at work with no
issues at all.

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
| They just upgraded my machine at work and I'm wondering if I'll have
| any problems syncing my IPAQ with different versions of Outlook.
|
| I have Outlook 2003 at work...
|
| I have Outlook 2000 at home...
|
| I sync with (2) machines...
|
| Does anyone know of any issues with Activesync 3.8 doing this?
|
| Thanks,
|
| A_C

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:36:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Hi,
There are a couple of things to watch out for:

1. The Pocket PC does not support all the fields that 2003 so you may not
see all the data in Outlook 2000.
2. Don't sync the PC at home and the PC at work directly. If you do then it
can cause problems with duplicates.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> They just upgraded my machine at work and I'm wondering if I'll have
> any problems syncing my IPAQ with different versions of Outlook.
>
> I have Outlook 2003 at work...
>
> I have Outlook 2000 at home...
>
> I sync with (2) machines...
>
> Does anyone know of any issues with Activesync 3.8 doing this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> A_C

Related resources
August 4, 2005 10:44:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:36:35 -0700, "Chris De Herrera"
<spam@pocketpctalk.com> wrote:

>2. Don't sync the PC at home and the PC at work directly. If you do then it
>can cause problems with duplicates.

Could you please clarify this statement?

If I'm syncing with 2 machines, how is this avoidable? First, I sync
in the morning at home; then when I get to work. Same thing in reverse
at the end of the day.

A_C
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 4:56:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Hi,
Using ActiveSync to sync between the two PCs works fine. The other sync I
am referring to can occur if you use Exchange to sync at home and work or
you copy the .PST file between the two PCs.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:36:35 -0700, "Chris De Herrera"
> <spam@pocketpctalk.com> wrote:
>
>>2. Don't sync the PC at home and the PC at work directly. If you do then
>>it
>>can cause problems with duplicates.
>
> Could you please clarify this statement?
>
> If I'm syncing with 2 machines, how is this avoidable? First, I sync
> in the morning at home; then when I get to work. Same thing in reverse
> at the end of the day.
>
> A_C

August 4, 2005 10:54:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:56:26 -0700, "Chris De Herrera"
<spam@pocketpctalk.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Using ActiveSync to sync between the two PCs works fine. The other sync I
>am referring to can occur if you use Exchange to sync at home and work or
>you copy the .PST file between the two PCs.

Thanks, it seems to be working fine. I'm not syncing contacts
though...

A_C
!