VistaUltimate: Internet very SLOW ..not using McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLoving

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I'm using Vista Ultimate as well as XP in a dual boot. IE on XP has no problems with fast downloads. However, Vista seems to hog the bandwidth and download speeds are VERY SLOW. I've tried googling this problem and most people solve it by turning off the McAfee Phishing option. However, I don't use McAfee. Any suggestions?????

ffemtroberts

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
wish i had a fix, but i am having the same issue on ultimate x64. i have tried to distinguish the issue to 64 bit ie7 or the 32 bit, however both act the same. i have no mcafee either. strangely, i was running fine for about 5 days before i noticed the issue. now pages are slow to load, saying they are waiting for a reply from whatever server i am trying to reach. downloads and ping times are great, ping plotter is showing nothing overly concerning.

you are not alone, and this so far has been my only frustration with ultimate x64.

hope for a solution soon

ffemtroberts

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
mine fixed by uninstalling avast antivirus, then re-installing and tweaking it a bit. surfing at hyperspeed for now......i love vista again

Status
Not open for further replies.