Fuzzy Picture On LCD

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
December 13, 2004 2:11:32 AM

I'm interested in LCD HDTV and went to a local electronics retailer for a
demo. A Sharp LC-45GX6U displayed an HD fashion show broadcast.

When the model walked down the runway, the clothing looked fuzzy or blurred.
When the model stopped moving and the clothes were stationary, the picture
was clear. The salesperson said the refresh rate of the TV was sufficient.
The problem was the cable box processor - not enough CPU cycles to keep up
with the action.

Can't say there's any way I'd purchase an LCD HDTV based on what I saw in
the mostly disappointing demonstration. Does this seem right? Should I phone
the cable supplier to determine if more powerful converters are in the
works?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

More about : fuzzy picture lcd

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 7:46:46 AM

I just got the Sony Wega LCD Sony KDF-60XS955 and it is exactly like that.
I have people coming out to tune it next week, and hope it will improve.
Programs like news channels or large close-ups of people and objects are
great, but fast moving screens (NBA, NFL ) or really anything fast moving
stuff looks really blurry. I hope this will get corrected. This setup is
using digital cable, not HDTV. Looks this way with DVD's too.

BigHaig

"Jeff" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I'm interested in LCD HDTV and went to a local electronics retailer for a
> demo. A Sharp LC-45GX6U displayed an HD fashion show broadcast.
>
> When the model walked down the runway, the clothing looked fuzzy or
> blurred. When the model stopped moving and the clothes were stationary,
> the picture was clear. The salesperson said the refresh rate of the TV was
> sufficient. The problem was the cable box processor - not enough CPU
> cycles to keep up with the action.
>
> Can't say there's any way I'd purchase an LCD HDTV based on what I saw in
> the mostly disappointing demonstration. Does this seem right? Should I
> phone the cable supplier to determine if more powerful converters are in
> the works?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 8:47:13 AM

"BigHaig" <haigb@xxx.com> wrote in message
>I just got the Sony Wega LCD Sony KDF-60XS955 and it is exactly like that.
>I have people coming out to tune it next week, and hope it will improve.
>Programs like news channels or large close-ups of people and objects are
>great, but fast moving screens (NBA, NFL ) or really anything fast moving
>stuff looks really blurry. I hope this will get corrected. This setup is
>using digital cable, not HDTV. Looks this way with DVD's too.
>
> BigHaig

I have this same set, the Sony KDF-60XS955, and have no problems like this.
Don't see this at all. We watch fast-action football games, other sports,
movies, etc. No blurs or artifacts whatsoever -- picture looks fantastic.
Also true with DVD. We now get cable input via CableCard. Before that via
cable box. Also get OTA transmission from an antenna. No blurring. So,
what you are seeing must be a product of something else in the line of
transmission. I've never seen this problem in a store display, either.

mack
austin
December 13, 2004 11:18:32 AM

Same here. I have the Sony Wega 50" and no complaints about any
"fuzziness". I did not see this in the store either.

Jeff

"Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
message news:B1avd.29299$Eq.10002@fe1.texas.rr.com...

> "BigHaig" <haigb@xxx.com> wrote in message
>>I just got the Sony Wega LCD Sony KDF-60XS955 and it is exactly like that.
>>I have people coming out to tune it next week, and hope it will improve.
>>Programs like news channels or large close-ups of people and objects are
>>great, but fast moving screens (NBA, NFL ) or really anything fast moving
>>stuff looks really blurry. I hope this will get corrected. This setup is
>>using digital cable, not HDTV. Looks this way with DVD's too.
>>
>> BigHaig
>
> I have this same set, the Sony KDF-60XS955, and have no problems like
> this. Don't see this at all. We watch fast-action football games, other
> sports, movies, etc. No blurs or artifacts whatsoever -- picture looks
> fantastic. Also true with DVD. We now get cable input via CableCard.
> Before that via cable box. Also get OTA transmission from an antenna. No
> blurring. So, what you are seeing must be a product of something else in
> the line of transmission. I've never seen this problem in a store
> display, either.
>
> mack
> austin

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 2:49:49 PM

"Jeff" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I'm interested in LCD HDTV and went to a local electronics retailer for a
> demo. A Sharp LC-45GX6U displayed an HD fashion show broadcast.
>
> When the model walked down the runway, the clothing looked fuzzy or
> blurred. When the model stopped moving and the clothes were stationary,
> the picture was clear. The salesperson said the refresh rate of the TV was
> sufficient. The problem was the cable box processor - not enough CPU
> cycles to keep up with the action.
>
> Can't say there's any way I'd purchase an LCD HDTV based on what I saw in
> the mostly disappointing demonstration. Does this seem right? Should I
> phone the cable supplier to determine if more powerful converters are in
> the works?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
It is a problem with LCD displays.
Likely there is nothing that will make your problem go away.
December 13, 2004 2:52:25 PM

"Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
message news:B1avd.29299$Eq.10002@fe1.texas.rr.com...

> I have this same set, the Sony KDF-60XS955, and have no problems like
> this. Don't see this at all. We watch fast-action football games, other
> sports, movies, etc. No blurs or artifacts whatsoever -- picture looks
> fantastic. Also true with DVD. We now get cable input via CableCard.
> Before that via cable box. Also get OTA transmission from an antenna. No
> blurring. So, what you are seeing must be a product of something else in
> the line of transmission. I've never seen this problem in a store
> display, either.
>
> mack
> austin
=======================================
It seems that you either see it or you don't.

I clearly saw it occurring over and over again on a display at Best Buy.
Another person and the clerk both claimed they saw no problems.

I could not stand to look at it and they thought it was just fine.

The problem is real and it exists for many of us.
That is one of many reasons I am glad I have a Pioneer Elite CRT RPTV.
December 13, 2004 5:11:01 PM

I too have a SONY WEGA 60 LCD....
I could not be happier...... looks awesome!
Dave

!