Overclocking and gaming motherboard

antonwalker

Distinguished
May 6, 2007
I was wondering if the EVGA 680i nforce MB is good for my requirements. I would like to upgrade to peryn after a while and would like to SLI 2 8800 GTX's when the time comes. I want to be able to overclock my e6600 to 3.0-3.4. Is their a better motherboard for my requirements. I have heard a lot of good things and bad things about this board, so I would like to know how it is. Thank you for reading.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Besides requireing SLI, and whatever other features you want/need it is all in the chpset. What I did to pick my last board was to wikipedia chipsets, It has some very good info about chipsets. But I don't know much about that one now, so look in wikipedia.

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
I was wondering if the EVGA 680i nforce MB is good for my requirements. I would like to upgrade to peryn after a while and would like to SLI 2 8800 GTX's when the time comes. I want to be able to overclock my e6600 to 3.0-3.4. Is their a better motherboard for my requirements. I have heard a lot of good things and bad things about this board, so I would like to know how it is. Thank you for reading.

As long as you get a EVGA 680I board that's working you will be happy. I have one and haven't had any problems yet *knock on wood* I have an E6600 as well and it's running rock stable at 3.5 on a Tuniq tower. I also have an 8800GTX sadly I don't have a second yet for SLI but eventually I'll get another. ;-) I'm rocking 2 gigs of Corsair 9136 running at 1200mhz. I enjoy the board but make sure you do as much research as possible before choicing anything.

antonwalker

Distinguished
May 6, 2007
I thought you couldn't put 12000mhz on the 680i, like something happens. Nvidia or EVGA I think had an anouncement/disclaimer. So you could only get your e6600 to 3.5 or was that all you wanted to do, cause I heard it could go further on the Tuniq Tower?

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
I thought you couldn't put 12000mhz on the 680i, like something happens. Nvidia or EVGA I think had an anouncement/disclaimer. So you could only get your e6600 to 3.5 or was that all you wanted to do, cause I heard it could go further on the Tuniq Tower?

That's where I stopped the OC at. I'm from Georgia which is a pretty hot place this time of year and I don't want to risk doing 3.6 with this heat. When it cools down a bit I'll push it on up and test things out then. As far as that the 1200mhz goes I don't know mine is running fine at that setting but alot of people are having weird problems that didn't happen to me at all. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.

TRENDING THREADS