Ubuntu and Games...

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I admit my ignorance on this subject. But I have not had the time nor the energy to figure out how to get a few games to run on Ubuntu. I have F.E.A.R. and Titan Quest installed under Wine.. I get an error "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed" for both F.E.A.R. and Titan Quest. Anybody have any advice, or preferably, any solutions? Any help is appreciated, I'll try to check back once a day. If you have any questions about my hardware I'll be sure to tell ya all about it in detail. And just a forward note, I checked the Wine site's database of supported programs and neither were on any of the lists. I'm open to all options and will try to execute them ASAP as not to waste time.... thanx.

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Download Cedega from Transgaming.

Either purchase a copy, or find it through bit torrent means...

Plays a lot more games then the wine process, but check to see if your games are supported on the list. BF2 works like a dream in it :)

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
k, got the cedega... 6.0.1 it's not running fear... won't do anything after the install, not to mention that installing through cedega it turned on the wine engine, took an hour to install and maxed out my cpu... hahaha. anyway, i'm trying to get some older engines as we speak to see if that'll work because fear isn't rated on the 6.0.1 engine.