What do I look for in headphones?

Emtiph

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Ok so I am thinking of buying a headset, preferably a USB one, but since there are so many, and all the people who I have asked all point me to different ones and tell me they are amazing, I am kind of confused as to which one to invest in. It's really purely for playing Counter-Strike: Source for scrims and such. So I was wondering what exactly do I look for in headphones to tell if they are good/good value for money or not?

Is there a particular feature which will tell me if they're good or not?
Can anyone point me (link me) to specific ones, please? UK sites only please, and my budget is about £30-35 cause gotta allow for delivery. I suppose I could stretch to £40. The headset must also have a mic boom

thanks in advance.

fred_likes_fish

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
Its hard to say. And most of the time you can't listen to these things for yourself in stores because they are sealed or because of health regulations and such. Try reading some reviews of ones around your budget and compare. Not on the manufactures site. Frequency response is good, usually they will say 20-20000Hz, but you want to know what sounds levels it can play these frequencies at, which you can't always find out. I think the sensitivity is a good indicator of quality. Higher is better i think.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Sennheiser isn't for everyone. Sometimes a cheaper pair of headphones that are of decent quality are better anyway because people tend to break them. :) If the products suits your needs and wants, then it's right for you.