Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
I am in the process of editing a 30 min movie and am having severe slow-down problems-the same type I had on my old comp with only 1 GB of RAM. I checked the performance tab and only 900 MB of my 2 gig of RAM were being used, with 1.1 GB of PF used. Is it just me, or is this extremely poor resource management? Is there a setting in XP that lets me manage the average RAM and PF usage myself?

Edit: If this problem can't be fixed without more RAM, I was thinking about and have the funds to buy another 1 GB of the same RAM to speed it up.

My build is listed below:

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
right click mycomputer>properties>advanced>performance>settings>advanced>virtual memory>change.

you can set it there, but if I were you I would disable it all together and see if that helps ;)

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
right click mycomputer>properties>advanced>performance>settings>advanced>virtual memory>change.

you can set it there, but if I were you I would disable it all together and see if that helps ;)

Yeah I know...the only reason I turned it on was because it told me "virtual memory minimum too low" a few times while editing and automatically increased the size again. Then I changed it to 3000 MB which is what people on here said to do. (1.5xRAM or something like that) Then I have this problem... Oh well.