xanxaz

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
The problem that i'm having is that when i leave my pc playing a movie over night as i usually do, next day i'm unable to go from full screen to windowed with double click in the image... i always have to do ALT+F4 to close it... the problem doesnt appear during playback or if i dont leave it too long in full screen. it's just an anoying thing that never happenned in any WMP. just liked to know if it happens to everyone using vista or is it just me

dblD

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
It sounds as if Vista may be putting some of your devices to sleep in order to conserve power (perhaps a hub?). Check in 'control panel->power options' to see that you are running in the 'High Performance" setting.

Also other things to look at... all of these are in control panel->device manager:

HID (compliant mouse & Keyboard Device) - "allow this device to wake the computer" should be checked. That really should cover all of your normal HID devices (mouse and keyboard). There is another selection "Human Interface Devices" that also allow you to have that device wake your computer, you may just want to look at them...

try opening the properties screens for each of your 'USB Root Hub' devices (I have 5) and just look at the 'Power Management' tab to see if "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" has been enabled.

--DD

xanxaz

Distinguished
May 3, 2005
it's running in power saving and HID devices are with that option disabled. the thing is that when i move the mouse i ear the hdd's spinning up, screen goes up but just black screen(movie playback ended). i can even play the movie again in the OSD but i cant go out of full screen(except for the ALT+F4 thing... i can open explorer "windows+e" and the computer works fine but WMP i have to close it so it will work normal agian. i will test what you said but only tomorrow i'll reply. 'USB Root Hub' i have 10 and all are alowed to wake up the computer. only the HID devices (2)are with that option disabled