New 2900 pics

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
i need new pants :p jks, damn nice looking! i hope they aren't real flames though, lol, jks yet again... how are you supposed to hook up your crossfire ribbon cable over that plastic shield i ask, its pretty tight even when there isn't one in the way...

lllco2lll

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
what? how come it only has 36000 shader operations? everythings nice except only 36000?

Aren't shader operations really important in games now a days?

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
ATi may be late, but they're sure as hell coming in style.
You said it. Like ATI or not, those are some damn sexy cards...

Guys with those cards in Crossfire in their Systems will get lots of Sexy Time with the Chicks at the LAN-Party :wink: I'll take the QuadFire Edition :D

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005

Guys with those cards in Crossfire in their Systems will get lots of Sexy Time with the Chicks at the LAN-Party :wink: I'll take the QuadFire Edition :D
Yup. Those cards are a must. :p

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006

Yup. Those cards are a must. :p(vanity)My case itself is a chick-magnet. All of the work gone into that thing has been worth it...Those card will definately be a big improvement over my measily X1650 PRO but looks-wise my rig is top notch. (/vanity)

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
i need new pants :p jks, damn nice looking! i hope they aren't real flames though, lol, jks yet again... how are you supposed to hook up your crossfire ribbon cable over that plastic shield i ask, its pretty tight even when there isn't one in the way...

If you look at the link I posted in my previous post, you can see the CrossFire connectors on the back... there's an opening in the plastic to let you access the connectors.

What is ATI accomplishing by withholding the correct reviews? I hear people believeing the bogus reviews and buying 8800's every day! If ATI released the truth, people would wait. I sure hope the card is better than their marketing department. :lol: :lol:

infyrno917

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Damn, those look bigger than my x1950xtx and that thing barely fits in my case as it is... Lets hope the performance lives up to the size and energy consumption.

Maybe since ATi is coming out with these monsters we might see some DX10 shooters coming out soon. :p

El_Kimo

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Really nice looking with the flames and all... although, I think I still prefer the black cooler on black PCB theme on some of the 88xx's. (Especially drooling over the EVGA one's) :(

* Here's hoping for an HD 2900XT *Black edition* :p

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah, I like black pcb cards as well. My xfx 7600GS was black. Red fits with my case and theme though so it doesn't really matter to me.

Masterbobo

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
i love the styling, but im actually dissapointed in the size, its sucha drag to see it use up 2 slots or more, and maybe cuase hard drive reconfigs etc.. i need a single slot card! :evil:

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
(vanity)My case itself is a chick-magnet. All of the work gone into that thing has been worth it...Those card will definately be a big improvement over my measily X1650 PRO but looks-wise my rig is top notch. (/vanity)

My case actually draws people into my dorm quite often. It gets really hot with the door closed since we don't have AC and the heaters are always running, so people see the UV and wood and are like what the hell? and they come on in.

Sucks when I'm not in here though, my roommate doesn't defend against the "touchy-feely" types who need to touch and make sure its wood and that my side panel is in fact there.

TRENDING THREADS