stupid dell watermarks

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
well......my 32bit vista i got wasnt permanently unlocked like this one. And when i saw it i was like YESSSSSSSSSS PERMANENTLY UNLOCKED no more stupid stop clock timer exe hack. so i boot up 64bit. Welcome center comes up. HUGE DELL BANNER ACROSS THE WINDOW. AHHHH. I didnt build my computer to see dell blastered in my operating system lolol

:twisted:

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
no. iam not that retarded that i cant disable the welcome center screen. I am talking about there is a dell banner on the top of the welcome center screen.

Theres also a dell sign in the system info.

Those were the only dell marks i found for now...

Sooner or later... you're going to wish you had purchased it... it's already starting. Dell logos are going to be the least of your concerns.

And $500? Where did you get that figure from? Wal-Mart sells the Ultimate Edition upgrade for $299... Home Premium is even cheaper. You can use the upgrade to perform a clean install. Just because you don't like the price, doesn't mean you then have the right to go and grab it from a Warez site and start using it. Either stick with Windows XP or get Linux if Vista is too much money for your taste... don't make the rest of us pay the price. There's way too much time and money spent fighting software piracy as it is... and what you're doing is only going to make it worse.

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
lol....wow you guys completely dont know anything.

dell sends a vista cd when you buy a computer with vista on it.

so like any other manufacter who does that watermarked it.

REMEMBER WHEN DELL WOULD DO THAT IN XP???

No, it is NOT legit. That Dell CD is intended to be used ONLY on the Dell it was supplied with. You are NOT in any way entitled to take that CD and use it on a custom-built unit. Just because it installs and activates doesn't make it legitimate.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Whoa... you can use Dell OS CDs on custom computers?!

I thought they had it to where it searches for Dell parts before allowing installs.

Some advice, if you don't like it, then don't use it. If you're going to pirate it, don't come to us with questions. That's the downfall of pirating software.

If Vista costs too much for you, stick with XP Pro or go with Ubuntu.

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
lol dont call me poor...i could very easily go out and by vista...but whats the point of the hassle when i can just download it.

.............not like the freaking fbi is about to knock on my door...............cuz i bet u 500 million other people are doing it......