Sign in with
Your question

stupid dell watermarks

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 13, 2007 1:45:47 AM

How do i get the stupid dell watermarks off my 64 bit vista?

its in my system info and the welcome center

please help

More about : stupid dell watermarks

June 13, 2007 3:15:39 AM

They will haunt you permanently... muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:22:58 AM

Never you mind my friend Zoron, he can be a real ass sometimes...

This is the proper solution!

:lol:  :lol: 
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 13, 2007 3:23:03 AM

ahhh....bittorent always gets u one way or another ... :twisted:
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:24:57 AM

Hey... I've never called you any names.

:p 
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:26:03 AM

well......my 32bit vista i got wasnt permanently unlocked like this one. And when i saw it i was like YESSSSSSSSSS PERMANENTLY UNLOCKED no more stupid stop clock timer exe hack. so i boot up 64bit. Welcome center comes up. HUGE DELL BANNER ACROSS THE WINDOW. AHHHH. I didnt build my computer to see dell blastered in my operating system lolol

:twisted:
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:26:56 AM

are you sure theres no way?

cmon there has to be...
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:28:08 AM

You did buy your Vista, correct?
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:30:44 AM

dude. seriously. 500 dollars for an operating system. When i can download it in like a day for free.

these are the reasons bill gates is super rich
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:37:22 AM

Quote:
are you sure theres no way?

cmon there has to be...

Oh for working beavers sake.

Go google "replace Vista < insert description here> screen"

jeezus.
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:39:28 AM

sorry i didnt know what that stupid dell thing was called. I searched watermark vista dell remove..etc...nothing came up useful.

thanks
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:41:14 AM

wait what the hey do i search now???

i must be stupid...
m
l
June 13, 2007 3:43:28 AM

Quote:
wait what the hey do i search now???

i must be stupid...

:roll: start with "welcome screen" for openers
m
l
June 13, 2007 5:19:35 AM

no. iam not that retarded that i cant disable the welcome center screen. I am talking about there is a dell banner on the top of the welcome center screen.

Theres also a dell sign in the system info.

Those were the only dell marks i found for now...
m
l
June 13, 2007 5:19:54 AM

there has to be something in the registry....
m
l
June 13, 2007 5:25:33 AM

Sooner or later... you're going to wish you had purchased it... it's already starting. Dell logos are going to be the least of your concerns.

And $500? Where did you get that figure from? Wal-Mart sells the Ultimate Edition upgrade for $299... Home Premium is even cheaper. You can use the upgrade to perform a clean install. Just because you don't like the price, doesn't mean you then have the right to go and grab it from a Warez site and start using it. Either stick with Windows XP or get Linux if Vista is too much money for your taste... don't make the rest of us pay the price. There's way too much time and money spent fighting software piracy as it is... and what you're doing is only going to make it worse.
m
l
June 13, 2007 12:32:03 PM

Zoron is completely correct. The Dell image is not the same as the retail image. This one may bite you in the tush later.
m
l
June 13, 2007 5:01:15 PM

lol....wow you guys completely dont know anything.

dell sends a vista cd when you buy a computer with vista on it.

so like any other manufacter who does that watermarked it.

REMEMBER WHEN DELL WOULD DO THAT IN XP???
m
l
June 13, 2007 5:02:40 PM

and to microsoft this vista is completely legit. bet you money
m
l
June 13, 2007 6:18:12 PM

No, it is NOT legit. That Dell CD is intended to be used ONLY on the Dell it was supplied with. You are NOT in any way entitled to take that CD and use it on a custom-built unit. Just because it installs and activates doesn't make it legitimate.
m
l
June 13, 2007 6:24:32 PM

TO THEM IT IS LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

legally its not legit!
m
l
June 14, 2007 5:22:40 PM

Whoa... you can use Dell OS CDs on custom computers?!

I thought they had it to where it searches for Dell parts before allowing installs.

Some advice, if you don't like it, then don't use it. If you're going to pirate it, don't come to us with questions. That's the downfall of pirating software.

If Vista costs too much for you, stick with XP Pro or go with Ubuntu.
m
l
June 14, 2007 5:42:50 PM

lol dont call me poor...i could very easily go out and by vista...but whats the point of the hassle when i can just download it.

.............not like the freaking fbi is about to knock on my door...............cuz i bet u 500 million other people are doing it......
m
l
June 14, 2007 5:43:59 PM

microsoft makes money off of stupid people...just like apple cough cough itunes...
m
l
June 14, 2007 6:12:44 PM

Quote:
microsoft makes money off of stupid people...just like apple cough cough itunes...

And you're asking us how to remove the Dell watermark?!?!?!
m
l
June 15, 2007 4:46:32 AM

It's bad enough when people who really don't have the money believe it's their right to go out and take something without permission... but it's downright atrocious when someone who could easily afford the product takes it without batting an eye.

Quote:
.............not like the freaking fbi is about to knock on my door...............cuz i bet u 500 million other people are doing it......

Yeah, and if 500 million other people though jumping off the top of the CN Tower was a good idea, would you do that as well?

Stop being so damn cheap... go out and buy the software, and then you don't have to worry about "watermarks". You have to decide if it's worth all the time and effort you're putting in to remove them... because you're certainly not going to get a lot of help here.
m
l
June 19, 2007 6:31:17 PM

you are extremely crude to be asking for help.

I am trying to put mac os x on a pc. But I know that i am doing it illegaly even though i bought the mac software and a mac computer. Its not legal to use dell software on none dell machines. Many have done it, but they were smart enough to shut up.

As for your problem you can recreate those images.
however, you will have to pay to find out how as for i dont have the time to copy an entire book. Go to a book store and by hackvista. I dont have publisher info with me but it is a whole series of books covering all os including linux. The information you need is in the vista one. I replaced my default images with ones of my own. These files are built into the OS rather it is a dell version or not. You can extract or replace the same way for all.

not quit bragging about your ability to moralize your thievery and accept your faults.
m
l
June 21, 2007 7:04:06 PM

Download "tweakvi" (google it). I don't know if it will let you do what you want, but if you can't find the option for it in this software, then it probably can't be done.
m
l
!