Missions ...or rather, not

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 10, 2005 6:55:07 PM

Is is just me? As the months have passed, it seems I do less and less
missions. In particular, after WoW beta made the problem of
overpopulation disappear, I now tend to just solo or duo on the streets.
The bonus XP is simply not worth the hassle of running to some other zone,
navigate through areas full of reds and purples, then search through every
square foot of a complex multi-floor map to make sure I find every villain
and object. It may still give more XP in the end, but since I can't sell
XP for dollars, the main goal for me is not XP but fun. Going through an
enormous cave for the fifth time looking for hidden upper or lower floors
is not fun for me.

Don't even get me started on the missions that require defusing several
bombs at the same time, or missions without working maps. I'm so out of
there - and they can't be dropped either.

good sign." -G

More about : missions

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 10, 2005 6:55:08 PM

Magnus Itland wrote:

> Is is just me? As the months have passed, it seems I do less and less
> missions. In particular, after WoW beta made the problem of
> overpopulation disappear, I now tend to just solo or duo on the streets.
> The bonus XP is simply not worth the hassle of running to some other zone,
> navigate through areas full of reds and purples, then search through every
> square foot of a complex multi-floor map to make sure I find every villain
> and object. It may still give more XP in the end, but since I can't sell
> XP for dollars, the main goal for me is not XP but fun.

I do missions for the storylines. Much more interesting to be saving a
bunch of lawyers from the Devouring Earth, disovering a strange mutagen,
getting it analysed by someone and then heading off to try to save some
more lawyers only to find I'm too late and the head of the law firm's
been turned into a DE. That's much better than grinding the streets for
XP for me.

> Going through an
> enormous cave for the fifth time looking for hidden upper or lower floors
> is not fun for me.

Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it.
Never understand why people dislike them.

> Don't even get me started on the missions that require defusing several
> bombs at the same time, or missions without working maps. I'm so out of
> there - and they can't be dropped either.

I've always been told by my contact if a mission needed more than one
person and often I just won't take it.

And I've never found a mission with a broken map, even having done all
the Striga missions and TFs where I know some people said they found
broken maps.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> looked up from reading the entrails of

>Is is just me? As the months have passed, it seems I do less and less
>missions. In particular, after WoW beta made the problem of
>overpopulation disappear, I now tend to just solo or duo on the streets.
>The bonus XP is simply not worth the hassle of running to some other zone,
>navigate through areas full of reds and purples, then search through every
>square foot of a complex multi-floor map to make sure I find every villain
>and object. It may still give more XP in the end, but since I can't sell
>XP for dollars, the main goal for me is not XP but fun. Going through an
>enormous cave for the fifth time looking for hidden upper or lower floors
>is not fun for me.

To some extent i'm with you. I've always been mostly mission based
since I solo so much, but with the latest alts i've been avoiding
certain critter types completely - namely vahzilok since I have no toxic
resists/defense at all.

I did do the plague mission that gives a badge though.
Not hot on clockwork missions either since electric attacks drain my
already strained endurance.

But then I did pretty much all the missions with Shadeling, and with the
exception of the "Introducing enemy group X" missions, they're all the
same.

I have absolutely NO intention of doing ANY of the parade of AVs
missions in the 40's (if the alt gets that high.)
Doing them once is enough to last me for the next decade or so.

>Don't even get me started on the missions that require defusing several
>bombs at the same time, or missions without working maps. I'm so out of
>there - and they can't be dropped either.

Only had a couple dud maps after I3 came out, including one of the
Striga missions. The actual landscape was all present, but chunks of
it wouldn't show on the ingame map at all.
The only other one was a timed kill-all mission with a section of the
map unaccessible.

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 10, 2005 6:55:09 PM

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> looked up from
reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
the signs say:

>Magnus Itland wrote:
>
>> Is is just me? As the months have passed, it seems I do less and less
>> missions. In particular, after WoW beta made the problem of
>> overpopulation disappear, I now tend to just solo or duo on the streets.
>> The bonus XP is simply not worth the hassle of running to some other zone,
>> navigate through areas full of reds and purples, then search through every
>> square foot of a complex multi-floor map to make sure I find every villain
>> and object. It may still give more XP in the end, but since I can't sell
>> XP for dollars, the main goal for me is not XP but fun.
>
>I do missions for the storylines. Much more interesting to be saving a
>bunch of lawyers from the Devouring Earth, disovering a strange mutagen,
>getting it analysed by someone and then heading off to try to save some
>more lawyers only to find I'm too late and the head of the law firm's
>been turned into a DE. That's much better than grinding the streets for
>XP for me.

Especially when you get the same "Oh look, Mr X, head lawyer has turned
into a devoured" multiple times.
I think Shadeling fought him 4 times.

Seems the Devs never took into account that duplicating missions with
specifically named enemies/NPCs was a bad idea.

But then I had the Ambassador Zyla mini-arc 3 times as well, 2 of them
at the same time.

>> Going through an
>> enormous cave for the fifth time looking for hidden upper or lower floors
>> is not fun for me.
>
>Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it.
>Never understand why people dislike them.

I don't really mind them but I get why some people do.

1. Max height heroes end up clipping through the ceiling.
My penchant for cute 4'9" female melee characters paid off. :)
Even my male heroes are never more than 6'3" which doesn't clip.

2. Nova form Kheldians are HORRIBLE in caves because the flight model is
floaty and keeps trying to go up unless you aim down all the time.
Aiming down means you can't see very far, especially when the ceiling
dips down as it does in so many Council tunnels.

3. Most people (unlike me) don't have the ingame map open all the time,
and find it's _very_ easy to get lost/confused.

>> Don't even get me started on the missions that require defusing several
>> bombs at the same time, or missions without working maps. I'm so out of
>> there - and they can't be dropped either.
>
>I've always been told by my contact if a mission needed more than one
>person and often I just won't take it.

There are exceptions.
When they were introduced most of the time they wouldn't tell you in the
offering text, just in the text you could refer back to once you
accepted.
Since most people don't look at that (having just read the mission
objective from the contact) the first clue of needing a team was on
mission entry OR upon clicking the first bomb/computer/other and not
being able to successfully use the object.

Even after that got fixed, Timed simultaneous-objective missions would
just tell you they were timed until after you accepted.

>And I've never found a mission with a broken map, even having done all
>the Striga missions and TFs where I know some people said they found
>broken maps.

The vampire generators mission map was broken at release - not stopping
you from going anywhere, but large chunks of the map would not show in
the ingame map at all.

Another one I ran into it appeared that a section of hallway had been
flipped, so the dead end at the far end now had the back of it mid
hallway with a pitch black wall from the other side.
I could walk up to the very edge of it, then pan the camera around and
see what was on the other side, I just couldn't get there.
Needless to say, I failed that timed kill-all mission.

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 10, 2005 7:39:08 PM

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
> Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it.
> Never understand why people dislike them.

A lot of the maps are very difficult until you learn the ropes. I hated
caves a lot early on. Don't mind them now except for timed kill-alls...
there's always one goddamned minion hiding in some crevice somewhere.
Clear the mission in 20 minutes and then spend another 20 carefully
searching every corner for the sneaky. That happens in the warehouse
missions, too. BIG hint: there's a little catch area behind some boxes -
right as you go into the big room, if you keep going straight and drop
off the edge. Foes get caught in that little alcove and you can't see
them from any angle except by going in there.

> And I've never found a mission with a broken map, even having done all
> the Striga missions and TFs where I know some people said they found
> broken maps.

The broken maps were only a minor annoyance. Glad to hear they
(apparently) fixed them.

I ran into a couple that appeared to have some phantom rooms outside the
map area. Searched and searched, and ended up pretty sure it wasn't an
area that could be gotten to.

But yes, the navigation map is your friend. I recommend the zoom binds
listed on HEROICA! if you don't have them, and always zoom in a
comfortable distance on mission maps. That helps a ton.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 22 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it.
>Never understand why people dislike them.

This is a problem that may be idiosyncratic to me, but I have severe
problems with perception in the caves. Something about the way they're
rendered confuses my eye, and makes it hard to get around in some
places.

-R

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

"Rob Wynne" <doc@america.net> wrote in message
news:p T_Xd.968$6r1.3620@eagle.america.net...
| John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
| >Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it.
| >Never understand why people dislike them.
| >

| This is a problem that may be idiosyncratic to me, but I have severe
| problems with perception in the caves. Something about the way they're
| rendered confuses my eye, and makes it hard to get around in some
| places.
|
| -R

I think it is because all the walls look so similar in caves (makes for
lousy relative "internal mapping" by landmarks).

Maybe if they had some variety on the texture map to indicate distance
better. A downward sloping tunnel looks like just another wall for the most
part. I suppose if I had the smaller height character this wouldn't be so
much an issue except in the difficulty in spotting depth on a brown on brown
texture. The room I hate the most is the 5 level cave with the ultra-tiny
room up top that usually holds 3 foes, but is a royal pain to even discover
if you're a lowbie playing the game for the first few weeks.

Personally I just call it the "roaming in a cow's lower intestine"
problem.

The only ones I do like are the "5th Column"/"Council" maps. They have
enough visual variety to make it easier to roam in. The only room I hate on
those maps is the one with 3 pools on top of each other. It is too easy to
loose the other players.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 10, 2005 8:13:20 PM

In article <pT_Xd.968$6r1.3620@eagle.america.net>, Rob Wynne wrote:
> John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>>Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it. Never
>>understand why people dislike them.
>
> This is a problem that may be idiosyncratic to me, but I have
> severe problems with perception in the caves. Something about
> the way they're rendered confuses my eye, and makes it hard to
> get around in some places.

The undulating walls, ceilings and shifting elevation make me
lose my sense of direction quickly. I have to look at the map a
lot to maintain it.

--
Neil Cerutti
When you're in the public eye, it's wrong to cheat on someone,

"John Parkinson" <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote in message
> Magnus Itland wrote:
>
>> Is is just me? As the months have passed, it seems I do less and less
>> missions. In particular, after WoW beta made the problem of
>> overpopulation disappear, I now tend to just solo or duo on the streets.
>> The bonus XP is simply not worth the hassle of running to some other
>> zone,

I do more now then when i quit back last year

I hate street hunting now
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 11, 2005 4:13:13 AM

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psnffp5mnb52ai9@news.online.no...
> Is is just me? As the months have passed, it seems I do less and less
> missions. In particular, after WoW beta made the problem of
> overpopulation disappear, I now tend to just solo or duo on the streets.
> The bonus XP is simply not worth the hassle of running to some other zone,
> navigate through areas full of reds and purples, then search through every
> square foot of a complex multi-floor map to make sure I find every villain
> and object. It may still give more XP in the end, but since I can't sell
> XP for dollars, the main goal for me is not XP but fun. Going through an
> enormous cave for the fifth time looking for hidden upper or lower floors
> is not fun for me.
>
> Don't even get me started on the missions that require defusing several
> bombs at the same time, or missions without working maps. I'm so out of
> there - and they can't be dropped either.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G

Given the choice, I would rather do a mission than street-hunt. Even though
missions are less efficient from an xp/minute standpoint, I like having some
kind of objective to accomplish besides just getting to level "X". I have
to admit that the fast-paced XP gain of street hunting can be somewhat
addictive, though, particularly when I've got a scrapper going on a tear in
Creys Folly or the Rikti Crash Site.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 13, 2005 11:24:20 PM

On 10 Mar 2005 15:00:59 GMT, John Parkinson
<jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:

> Caves - no problem, the game gives me a map. I use it.
> Never understand why people dislike them.

They are not a problem for me as long as they stay on one floor or has
some clear delimiter between floors. But when you have three layers of
cave, all looking pretty much the same, and the map only shows one of them
.... that's a problem. Warehouses are easier in that each floor has a
pretty obvious entry and exit point, and I find their floor plan easier to
memorize, being more familiar. Even then I don't dig warehouses too much
either. Plus, I dislike caves in real life too.

Another point may be that I like to have a vertical escape route. Almost
all my characters at level 14 choose flight, a couple superjump, one
teleport and so far zero superspeed. I'm telling myself that one day I'll
try it. ^_^*

good sign." -G
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 14, 2005 8:00:30 PM

In article <opsnlb6uawb52ai9@news.online.no>, Magnus Itland wrote:
> Another point may be that I like to have a vertical escape
> route. Almost all my characters at level 14 choose flight, a
> couple superjump, one teleport and so far zero superspeed. I'm
> telling myself that one day I'll try it. ^_^*

Don't bother. It pretty much sux.

--
Neil Cerutti
When you're in the public eye, it's wrong to cheat on someone,
unless you're very careful. If you're normal and no one's going
to know, then do it. --Paris Hilton
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 14, 2005 11:01:37 PM

Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>> Almost all my characters at level 14 choose flight, a
>> couple superjump, one teleport and so far zero superspeed. I'm
>> telling myself that one day I'll try it. ^_^*

> Don't bother. It pretty much sux.

Yer crazy. A fast travel power that has almost zero endurance hit when
slotted with an (that's one) End Red *AND* provides excellent stealth?
Can't live without it. I've looked at flight a couple of times, but the
need for slotting and the lack of stealth make it much more down than SS.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 24 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 14, 2005 11:22:24 PM

In article <Xns96197A594A9Anitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>>> Almost all my characters at level 14 choose flight, a couple
>>> superjump, one teleport and so far zero superspeed. I'm
>>> telling myself that one day I'll try it. ^_^*
>
>> Don't bother. It pretty much sux.
>
> Yer crazy. A fast travel power that has almost zero endurance
> hit when slotted with an (that's one) End Red *AND* provides
> excellent stealth? Can't live without it. I've looked at flight
> a couple of times, but the need for slotting and the lack of
> stealth make it much more down than SS.

No WAY! Super Speed puts the X in sux. ;)

--
Neil Cerutti
Anonymous

Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
> No WAY! Super Speed puts the X in sux. ;)

Just as Flight puts the F in Fatigued (alla time) and Facedown in the Gum
Wrappers. :)  :)  :)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 24 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 12:33:39 AM

In article <Xns961981A4AF44Anitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>> No WAY! Super Speed puts the X in sux. ;)
>
> Just as Flight puts the F in Fatigued (alla time) and Facedown in the Gum
> Wrappers. :)  :)  :)

If you can spare the powers for it, getting both Superspeed (for
excellent early-game maneuverability, low cost and STEALTH) and Flight
(for verticality as zones and missions become more of a pain to
navigate) is the ideal. Excellent maneuverability in all situations.

If you're not real interested in most of the power pools, having the
Speed pool (Hasten, SS), the Flight pool (Hover) and the Teleport pool
(Recall, Teleport) is a superb combination that offers the best of all
possible worlds as far as travelling goes.

SS > Flight. SS + Flight > All.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:33:39 +0000 (UTC), sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:

>In article <Xns961981A4AF44Anitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
>Shenanigunner wrote:
>> Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>>> No WAY! Super Speed puts the X in sux. ;)
>>
>> Just as Flight puts the F in Fatigued (alla time) and Facedown in the Gum
>> Wrappers. :)  :)  :)
>
>If you can spare the powers for it, getting both Superspeed (for
>excellent early-game maneuverability, low cost and STEALTH) and Flight
>(for verticality as zones and missions become more of a pain to
>navigate) is the ideal. Excellent maneuverability in all situations.

I used to have the philosophy that SS was great because I usually
planned to take Hasten, and it was just inefficient to take any other
travel power. However, I've gotten so fed up with Hasten, and the
various problems it has (lack of fine control being the number one
problem) that I've respecced it out of every one of my alts, not to
mention my main. (I know it sounds funny, but I can't tell you how
many times I tried getting on the ferry to PI with SS, and ended up
overshooting it and falling into thw water instead).

Also, I've had a growing love for Air Superiority. When I first
started playing the game, the general consensus was that Air
Superiority was a really bad power. What's funny is that I noticed a
general change in that viewpoint right after I discovered for myself
just how good it actually was. So that gives yet another point in
Fly's favor. -Graham
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 4:45:53 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:

> Yer crazy. A fast travel power that has almost zero endurance hit when
> slotted with an (that's one) End Red *AND* provides excellent stealth?
> Can't live without it. I've looked at flight a couple of times, but the
> need for slotting and the lack of stealth make it much more down than SS.

Actually it has the smallest stealth effect in the game. If you want to
avoid mobs, flying over them is still the best way to do it.

SS's speed is negated by its need to deal with terrain. Adding Combat
Jumping and Hurdle helps, but that's two movement powers (assuming Hurdle is
"free" because you're going to need two choices from Fitness for Stamina anyway).

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 7:34:32 PM

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
> I used to have the philosophy that SS was great because I usually
> planned to take Hasten, and it was just inefficient to take any other
> travel power. However, I've gotten so fed up with Hasten, and the
> various problems it has (lack of fine control being the number one
> problem) that I've respecced it out of every one of my alts, not to
> mention my main. (I know it sounds funny, but I can't tell you how
> many times I tried getting on the ferry to PI with SS, and ended up
> overshooting it and falling into thw water instead).

Uh... I'm lost. Hasten doesn't have jack to do with speeding up Super
Speed, or "fine control" on anything at all. It simply boosts your
recharge time about 35% across the board.

Never drop a Run Speed in Super Speed, or slot it with anything but one
End Reducer in in the default slot. Adding speed to SS does indeed make
it jerky and very hard to control. With no speed boosts, it does take
something of a fine touch in close situations, but nothing extraordinary.

> Also, I've had a growing love for Air Superiority.

Isn't AS just a sort of melee attack with some range for flying targets?
Is it of much use to a damage-dealing alt? I can see where a Defender or
Controller might love it, and maybe Scrapper/Tanks without ranged powers
(gawd, I hate fighting Sky Raiders as a tank - blasting at them is much
more fun) but another middlin' strike power doesn't seem useful enough to
waste a power slot on, mostly.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 7:59:51 PM

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> I used to have the philosophy that SS was great because I usually
>> planned to take Hasten, and it was just inefficient to take any other
>> travel power. However, I've gotten so fed up with Hasten, and the
>> various problems it has (lack of fine control being the number one
>> problem) that I've respecced it out of every one of my alts, not to
>> mention my main. (I know it sounds funny, but I can't tell you how
>> many times I tried getting on the ferry to PI with SS, and ended up
>> overshooting it and falling into thw water instead).
>
>Uh... I'm lost. Hasten doesn't have jack to do with speeding up Super
>Speed, or "fine control" on anything at all. It simply boosts your
>recharge time about 35% across the board.
>
>Never drop a Run Speed in Super Speed, or slot it with anything but one
>End Reducer in in the default slot. Adding speed to SS does indeed make
>it jerky and very hard to control. With no speed boosts, it does take
>something of a fine touch in close situations, but nothing extraordinary.

It's also the most prone to cause choppiness of the powers, with SJ a
close second since it forces a lot of new information loads.

>> Also, I've had a growing love for Air Superiority.
>
>Isn't AS just a sort of melee attack with some range for flying targets?
>Is it of much use to a damage-dealing alt? I can see where a Defender or
>Controller might love it, and maybe Scrapper/Tanks without ranged powers
>(gawd, I hate fighting Sky Raiders as a tank - blasting at them is much
>more fun) but another middlin' strike power doesn't seem useful enough to
>waste a power slot on, mostly.

It's hands down the best pool power attack there is.
Same animation as bone crusher, same damage as thunderkick/cak/energy
punch, and it has a special knockdown.
By special I mean this - unless the mob is immune/resistant to
knockdown/back, AS has a 100% knockdown rate if timed right.
As long as the enemy isn't doing an animation when you hit, down he
goes.

With hasten, this can end up with the critter getting up just in time to
be knocked down again, so it never gets to attack at all.

The damage reduction this can give is incredibly useful

It's also -fly, so hitting fliers knocks them out of the sky, although
the attack itself has no more range than any other standard melee
attack.

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 8:14:13 PM

In article <Xns961A573E9FCDCnitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> Also, I've had a growing love for Air Superiority.
>
> Isn't AS just a sort of melee attack with some range for flying targets?

No, it's a single-target melee attack with an 80% or so knockdown
chance, that will also ground flyers.

It has the same stats as Thunder Kick, but with a slightly longer
animation.

> Is it of much use to a damage-dealing alt?

Yes, it can be.

> I can see where a
> Defender or Controller might love it, and maybe Scrapper/Tanks
> without ranged powers (gawd, I hate fighting Sky Raiders as a
> tank - blasting at them is much more fun) but another middlin'
> strike power doesn't seem useful enough to waste a power slot
> on, mostly.

Give it a try on test. You may change your mind.

--
Neil Cerutti
Anonymous

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Isn't AS just a sort of melee attack with some range for flying targets?
> Is it of much use to a damage-dealing alt? I can see where a Defender or
> Controller might love it, and maybe Scrapper/Tanks without ranged powers
> (gawd, I hate fighting Sky Raiders as a tank - blasting at them is much
> more fun) but another middlin' strike power doesn't seem useful enough to
> waste a power slot on, mostly.

It's decently fast and a high chance of knockdown. The usefulness of
knockdown really can't be overstated for many builds, both in PvE and in
the upcoming PvP stuff.

And if you want Flight as a travel power, but are never going to have a
use for Hover, then, hey, why not?

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 12:11:30 AM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:06:31 +0000 (UTC), sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:

>What, you don't want to take Hasten? *long pause* Okaaaaay...
I typed that and sent it too fast. I meant that I don't want to take
SS. I respecced it out of all of my characters. I love hasten, and
it was really the only reason why I took SS to begin with.

BTW, almost every single person in my SG did exactly the same thing as
I did -- they took SS as their first travel power, then hated it so
much that they respecced out of it at their earliest opportunity. I
suppose its an acquired taste. The only people I know who did not
respec out of it were those who never took it to begin with.

As far as taking two travel powers, its not really a great option for
many characters, scrappers, in particular. Your first travel power is
a necessity -- the second one is really a luxury that could be better
used by taking one of your defensive abilities. I know SR in
particular is a pretty tight fit as it is, which is why I initially
took SS (so I could also take all my defensive abilities). Its even
worse with Fly, unless you can live with only single-slotting it. I
can see maybe a defender or blaster doing something like that, but not
a scarpper (at least not a good one). I'm not too sure about
controllers or tanks, since I have the least experience with those
ATs.

-Graham
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 12:11:31 AM

Graham Zaretsky wrote:

> As far as taking two travel powers, its not really a great option for
> many characters, scrappers, in particular. Your first travel power is
> a necessity -- the second one is really a luxury that could be better
> used by taking one of your defensive abilities. I know SR in
> particular is a pretty tight fit as it is, which is why I initially
> took SS (so I could also take all my defensive abilities). Its even
> worse with Fly, unless you can live with only single-slotting it. I
> can see maybe a defender or blaster doing something like that, but not
> a scarpper (at least not a good one). I'm not too sure about
> controllers or tanks, since I have the least experience with those
> ATs.

43 Kat/SR, Fly has three slots. No problem, even with my old toggle-based
build (I've switched to a perma-Hasten/Elude build...just got tired of beating
my head against the wall. If the devs won't fix clearly broken powers, I'll
abuse them like everyone else.)

There is some debate as to whether or not you even need the third slot. Some
say Fly hits its cap with two post-40. The devs haven't commented on flight
speed since around the end of beta, AFAIK, so the issue hasn't been settled.

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 12:26:46 AM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:58:11 +0000 (UTC), sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:

>In article <Xns961A573E9FCDCnitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
>Shenanigunner wrote:
>> Isn't AS just a sort of melee attack with some range for flying targets?
>> Is it of much use to a damage-dealing alt? I can see where a Defender or
>> Controller might love it, and maybe Scrapper/Tanks without ranged powers
>> (gawd, I hate fighting Sky Raiders as a tank - blasting at them is much
>> more fun) but another middlin' strike power doesn't seem useful enough to
>> waste a power slot on, mostly.
>
>It's decently fast and a high chance of knockdown. The usefulness of
>knockdown really can't be overstated for many builds, both in PvE and in
>the upcoming PvP stuff.
>
>And if you want Flight as a travel power, but are never going to have a
>use for Hover, then, hey, why not?

The 80% knockdown + really fast refrehs is really incredibly useful
for dealing with certain dangerous opponents (like higher level
sappers, and Fake Nemesis). AS refreshes fast enough that you can use
it every second or third attack (at least with katana) if you need to.
It's also good to use against runners. I don't use that tactic in
every single combat, but when I need it, I can't overstate its
effectiveness.

Furthermore, I was actually able to knock one AV (Nightstar) out of
the sky using it and couild keep him grounded, so that our
vertically-challenged tank could restore agro on him. Its hardly
surprising that I couldn't actually knock him on his back using it,
but I was very pleased that I could at least knock him to the ground.

-Graham
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 1:13:55 AM

Dennis Francis Heffernan <hefferman@comcast.net> looked up from reading
the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
signs say:

>Graham Zaretsky wrote:
>
>> As far as taking two travel powers, its not really a great option for
>> many characters, scrappers, in particular. Your first travel power is
>> a necessity -- the second one is really a luxury that could be better
>> used by taking one of your defensive abilities. I know SR in
>> particular is a pretty tight fit as it is, which is why I initially
>> took SS (so I could also take all my defensive abilities). Its even
>> worse with Fly, unless you can live with only single-slotting it. I
>> can see maybe a defender or blaster doing something like that, but not
>> a scarpper (at least not a good one). I'm not too sure about
>> controllers or tanks, since I have the least experience with those
>> ATs.
>
> 43 Kat/SR, Fly has three slots. No problem, even with my old toggle-based
>build (I've switched to a perma-Hasten/Elude build...just got tired of beating
>my head against the wall. If the devs won't fix clearly broken powers, I'll
>abuse them like everyone else.)
>
> There is some debate as to whether or not you even need the third slot. Some
>say Fly hits its cap with two post-40. The devs haven't commented on flight
>speed since around the end of beta, AFAIK, so the issue hasn't been settled.

There was a dev post on the forums some months back about fly that said
3 flight speed enhances at level 40 reaches the flight speed cap.

I know I definitely saw an increase in speed going from 2 to 3 post 40
while mapping the shard.

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 1:25:36 AM

sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
> Teleport is a gigantic pain in the butt as a primary travel power
> until you get Stamina and put some range slots in it.

I only use TP as a transport power over rough ground - it's very nice for
getting from one side of multilevel zones like Skyway, and of course for
places like Boomtown and Faultline. But as a primary travel power? Nah.
SS does that fine.

> SS+Teleport is extremely handy as well, for that matter. Never have to
> wait on those slow teammates again. Zip, Recall, done.

Yep. Shen has TP, Recall Friend, TP Foe, SS and Hurdle. Damn few places I
can't get quickly and with little End cost.

> What, you don't want to take Hasten? *long pause* Okaaaaay...

Exxxxxactly. Is there any build for which Hasten isn't a top priority?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 1:25:37 AM

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
>> Teleport is a gigantic pain in the butt as a primary travel power
>> until you get Stamina and put some range slots in it.
>
>I only use TP as a transport power over rough ground - it's very nice for
>getting from one side of multilevel zones like Skyway, and of course for
>places like Boomtown and Faultline. But as a primary travel power? Nah.
>SS does that fine.
>
>> SS+Teleport is extremely handy as well, for that matter. Never have to
>> wait on those slow teammates again. Zip, Recall, done.
>
>Yep. Shen has TP, Recall Friend, TP Foe, SS and Hurdle. Damn few places I
>can't get quickly and with little End cost.
>
>> What, you don't want to take Hasten? *long pause* Okaaaaay...
>
>Exxxxxactly. Is there any build for which Hasten isn't a top priority?

Quite a few actually.

If you have fast cycling attacks and aren't reliant on slow recycling
alternate powers hasten is completely optional.

My original build of kraiisahka didn't have hasten by level 26, and even
the post respec version didn't take it till 28.

Energy melee tanks and claw scrappers in particular don't really need
hasten for their attacks, though it can be helpful later on with the
slow cycling big hit attacks.

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 1:28:51 AM

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> It's also the most prone to cause choppiness of the powers...

I occasionally get some chop and less frequently some rubberbanding, but
never enough to bother me. I don't know how much of it has to do with
system/video speed and how much depends on game update rate - I have a
2.8GHz system with a gig of RAM, a 6800GT video system and 768k (fixed)
DSL, so maybe I'm not as prone to system and connection lag issues.

> It's hands down the best pool power attack there is.

Hmm. Maybe I'll spec it in at some point. Thanks to all for the comments on
it.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 11:11:14 AM

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> It's also the most prone to cause choppiness of the powers...
>
>I occasionally get some chop and less frequently some rubberbanding, but
>never enough to bother me. I don't know how much of it has to do with
>system/video speed and how much depends on game update rate - I have a
>2.8GHz system with a gig of RAM, a 6800GT video system and 768k (fixed)
>DSL, so maybe I'm not as prone to system and connection lag issues.

I have a slower card, slower system, and most importantly in regards to
this, dialup.
The amount of information that needs to be passed from server to client
can easily saturate dialup bandwidth when moving quickly through a zone
unless it's a fairly empty zone.

Superspeed is in some regards the worst for this since it's the fastest,
but SJ can be fairly bad too - especially in crowded areas like around
Ms Liberty or the Talos Train station.

For outright nausea inducing choppiness, SJ is the worst since it has
vertical and instead of a smooth parabola you get a saw-toothed one as
you stop jumping and start falling, only to start jumping again in
mid-air.

/
/|/
/|/
/

Fly, although the slowest, is the most lag tolerant travel power.

>> It's hands down the best pool power attack there is.
>
>Hmm. Maybe I'll spec it in at some point. Thanks to all for the comments on
>it.

You won't regret it.

It has only two real downsides.
1. It's smashing only.
2. It's (I think) the only attack in existence that can't be slotted
with a recharge reducer, making hasten the only way to speed it's
cycling.

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 1:01:49 PM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:25:36 -0000, Shenanigunner
<shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

>sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:

>> What, you don't want to take Hasten? *long pause* Okaaaaay...
>
>Exxxxxactly. Is there any build for which Hasten isn't a top priority?

Roboneko Mk 1.3, my Claw/Regen scrapper, took Hasten but then respecced
out of it. It's not that it wasn't useful, but with Strike, Slash,
Focus, Eviscerate, Shockwave and Boxing, she rarely runs out of attacks,
and the alternative power pools were better. The pools I took were
Concealment for Stealth, which allows her to reliably fight small groups
with no adds, Fighting for Tough and Weave, whose advantages should be
obvious, Leaping for Combat Jumping and Super Jump, and Fitness, because
Stamina is absolutely essential when running so many toggles.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 5:01:27 PM

In article <ndbg311f1lprqqat3s2a1j5n28qo8auqga@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
> say:
>
>>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>>> It's also the most prone to cause choppiness of the powers...
>>
>>I occasionally get some chop and less frequently some rubberbanding, but
>>never enough to bother me. I don't know how much of it has to do with
>>system/video speed and how much depends on game update rate - I have a
>>2.8GHz system with a gig of RAM, a 6800GT video system and 768k (fixed)
>>DSL, so maybe I'm not as prone to system and connection lag issues.
>
> I have a slower card, slower system, and most importantly in
> regards to this, dialup.

That's my main problem with Super Speed, too. It's not the travel
power for those with clogged computer arteries. Although I'm on
broadband, my weak computer drop's my frame rate to the point of
disorientation when trying to use super speed.

On Air Superiority:

>>Hmm. Maybe I'll spec it in at some point. Thanks to all for the
>>comments on it.
>
> You won't regret it.
>
> It has only two real downsides.
> 1. It's smashing only.
> 2. It's (I think) the only attack in existence that can't be
> slotted with a recharge reducer, making hasten the only way to
> speed it's cycling.

I didn't know that. Interesting!

--
Neil Cerutti
Some days you are going to be some place. Some days you can be

In article <Xns961A92C3FE7EDnitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
>> What, you don't want to take Hasten? *long pause* Okaaaaay...
>
> Exxxxxactly. Is there any build for which Hasten isn't a top
> priority?

Any build that relies on fast recharging attacks generally won't
get as much benefit from it as those that use slow recharging
ones, because Hasten increases activation time congestion almost
as much as it increases recharge time for some powers.

But even in that case Hasten is still a beneficial power; the
benefit just shrinks. At some point, 6-slotting some other power
instead might prove more tempting.

--
Neil Cerutti
Anonymous

Shenanigunner wrote:
> sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
>> What, you don't want to take Hasten? *long pause* Okaaaaay...
>
> Exxxxxactly. Is there any build for which Hasten isn't a top priority?

Bubble defenders.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
March 17, 2005 9:54:15 AM

Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 16 Mar 2005 14:01:27 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>In article <ndbg311f1lprqqat3s2a1j5n28qo8auqga@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>> say:

>>>I occasionally get some chop and less frequently some rubberbanding, but
>>>never enough to bother me. I don't know how much of it has to do with
>>>system/video speed and how much depends on game update rate - I have a
>>>2.8GHz system with a gig of RAM, a 6800GT video system and 768k (fixed)
>>>DSL, so maybe I'm not as prone to system and connection lag issues.
>>
>> I have a slower card, slower system, and most importantly in
>> regards to this, dialup.
>
>That's my main problem with Super Speed, too. It's not the travel
>power for those with clogged computer arteries. Although I'm on
>broadband, my weak computer drop's my frame rate to the point of
>disorientation when trying to use super speed.

Don't use TP whatever you do then guys! ;-)

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 17, 2005 5:19:48 PM

In article <tl3h31dhn44hti2ieqlktumcie4p0vg6jf@4ax.com>, Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 16 Mar 2005 14:01:27 GMT,
> Anno Domini:
>
>>In article <ndbg311f1lprqqat3s2a1j5n28qo8auqga@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>>> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
>>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>>> say:

>>> I have a slower card, slower system, and most importantly in
>>> regards to this, dialup.
>>
>>That's my main problem with Super Speed, too. It's not the travel
>>power for those with clogged computer arteries. Although I'm on
>>broadband, my weak computer drop's my frame rate to the point of
>>disorientation when trying to use super speed.
>
> Don't use TP whatever you do then guys! ;-)

Ah, well, TP works fine. I think TP lag is caused mostly by
network lag.

--
Neil Cerutti
I make love to pressure. --Stephen Jackson

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 16 Mar 2005 14:01:27 GMT,
>Anno Domini:
>
>>In article <ndbg311f1lprqqat3s2a1j5n28qo8auqga@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>>> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
>>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>>> say:

>>> I have a slower card, slower system, and most importantly in
>>> regards to this, dialup.
>>
>>That's my main problem with Super Speed, too. It's not the travel
>>power for those with clogged computer arteries. Although I'm on
>>broadband, my weak computer drop's my frame rate to the point of
>>disorientation when trying to use super speed.
>
>Don't use TP whatever you do then guys! ;-)

Strangely enough, TP _can_ work fine, since there's no intermediate
information to be sent.
It certainly helps to use a good teleport bind that removes most of the
HUD though.
Any network lag though and it's plummeting time (sounds like something a
teleporting Ben Grimm might say.)

Xocyll
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 17, 2005 7:08:45 PM

Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>In article <ndbg311f1lprqqat3s2a1j5n28qo8auqga@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>> say:

>>>I occasionally get some chop and less frequently some rubberbanding, but
>>>never enough to bother me. I don't know how much of it has to do with
>>>system/video speed and how much depends on game update rate - I have a
>>>2.8GHz system with a gig of RAM, a 6800GT video system and 768k (fixed)
>>>DSL, so maybe I'm not as prone to system and connection lag issues.
>>
>> I have a slower card, slower system, and most importantly in
>> regards to this, dialup.
>
>That's my main problem with Super Speed, too. It's not the travel
>power for those with clogged computer arteries. Although I'm on
>broadband, my weak computer drop's my frame rate to the point of
>disorientation when trying to use super speed.

SS can make you sick too, but seeing flame trails in front of you as you
get reset back along your path is less nausea inducing than the same
thing happening with SJ. Vertical and horizontal hiccups are very
disorienting.

>On Air Superiority:
>
>>>Hmm. Maybe I'll spec it in at some point. Thanks to all for the
>>>comments on it.
>>
>> You won't regret it.
>>
>> It has only two real downsides.
>> 1. It's smashing only.
>> 2. It's (I think) the only attack in existence that can't be
>> slotted with a recharge reducer, making hasten the only way to
>> speed it's cycling.
>
>I didn't know that. Interesting!

I can even see the reason for it too, since it's almost TOO good as it
is. If you could shove a few rechargers in it you could bring it's
cycle time down so you could cycle _just_it_ continuously and keep a
baddie permanently out of action.

The low damage you'd do wouldn't be as much of a concern if you had the
end to go long enough and did enough damage to kill it eventually.
Bring a friend along with good damage and it's even less of a concern.

Xocyll
March 18, 2005 10:18:51 AM

Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 17 Mar 2005 14:19:48 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>> Don't use TP whatever you do then guys! ;-)
>
>Ah, well, TP works fine. I think TP lag is caused mostly by
>network lag.

Well, either PC or inet lag. But if you have even a bit of either it's a
royal pain in the arse!

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 10:18:52 AM

In article <vfpj3153c4mpnm86h70hj7mpdkkqhqbmc3@4ax.com>, Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>, 17 Mar 2005 14:19:48 GMT,
> Anno Domini:
>
>>> Don't use TP whatever you do then guys! ;-)
>>
>>Ah, well, TP works fine. I think TP lag is caused mostly by
>>network lag.
>
> Well, either PC or inet lag. But if you have even a bit of
> either it's a royal pain in the arse!

My one TP character always goes high in the air while
teleporting, and so I don't have trouble. I can well imagine
getting bogged down trying to teleport around near the ground.

--
Neil Cerutti
I may have smoked too much weed, but I wasn't taking drugs or

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:08:45 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

>Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> looked up from reading the entrails
>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>In article <ndbg311f1lprqqat3s2a1j5n28qo8auqga@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>>> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
>>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>>> say:

>>On Air Superiority:

>>> You won't regret it.
>>>
>>> It has only two real downsides.
>>> 1. It's smashing only.
>>> 2. It's (I think) the only attack in existence that can't be
>>> slotted with a recharge reducer, making hasten the only way to
>>> speed it's cycling.
>>
>>I didn't know that. Interesting!
>
>I can even see the reason for it too, since it's almost TOO good as it
>is. If you could shove a few rechargers in it you could bring it's
>cycle time down so you could cycle _just_it_ continuously and keep a
>baddie permanently out of action.

It's tempting fate to say this, but that's exactly what I did with
Focus. It's 6-slotted, with 3 Accuracy and 3 Recharge, and permanently
on autofire. It would be quite possible for me to just target any single
enemy and go away and leave the PC to finish the job.

>The low damage you'd do wouldn't be as much of a concern if you had the
>end to go long enough and did enough damage to kill it eventually.
>Bring a friend along with good damage and it's even less of a concern.

There are a few differences between AS and Focus. It's a Claw power, not
a pool power. I suspect its damage may be higher than AS, though I don't
really know. It has range, so you can stop runners with it, but its
knockdown is apparently not quite as good as AS's. Just recently, since
L33 or so, I've found a few enemies who seem to resist the knockdown,
the most annoying of which are Devoured. It's usually only the +2-3
Bosses, though.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 6:53:56 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:27:41 +1100, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:08:45 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

>>I can even see the reason for it too, since it's almost TOO good as it
>>is. If you could shove a few rechargers in it you could bring it's
>>cycle time down so you could cycle _just_it_ continuously and keep a
>>baddie permanently out of action.
>
>It's tempting fate to say this, but that's exactly what I did with
>Focus. It's 6-slotted, with 3 Accuracy and 3 Recharge, and permanently
>on autofire. It would be quite possible for me to just target any single
>enemy and go away and leave the PC to finish the job.
>
>>The low damage you'd do wouldn't be as much of a concern if you had the
>>end to go long enough and did enough damage to kill it eventually.
>>Bring a friend along with good damage and it's even less of a concern.
>
>There are a few differences between AS and Focus. It's a Claw power, not
>a pool power. I suspect its damage may be higher than AS, though I don't
>really know. It has range, so you can stop runners with it, but its
>knockdown is apparently not quite as good as AS's. Just recently, since
>L33 or so, I've found a few enemies who seem to resist the knockdown,
>the most annoying of which are Devoured. It's usually only the +2-3
>Bosses, though.

One other difference I forgot to mention - It's missing the anti-air
component, so Rikti Drones are a pain. They don't really do enough
damage to be a major threat, though.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 8:42:12 PM

Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote:
> One other difference I forgot to mention - It's missing the anti-air
> component, so Rikti Drones are a pain. They don't really do enough
> damage to be a major threat, though.

I love the "p-too!" sound of their firing. "Aw, jeez, I'm being spit at
again..."

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 26 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
!