V400 Phone Book

Last response: in Network Providers
January 4, 2005 9:28:09 PM

Is there any way to put multiple phone numbers under one name entry on
the Motorola V400? Currently, for people with home and mobile numbers, I
have one entry for each number ... so I have people's names listed twice in
the list. I have been forced to add a "-H" or "-M" after the name to help
distinguish. On my old Nokia phone, each Name entry would hold two numbers.

TIA

More about : v400 phone book

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 9:28:10 PM

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup alt.cellular.cingular
* Reply to: All; "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com>
* Date:Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:01:45 -0500
* Subj: V400 Phone Book

m> Is there any way to put multiple phone numbers under one name
m>entry on the Motorola V400? Currently, for people with home and
m>mobile numbers, I have one entry for each number ... so I have
m>people's names listed twice in the list. I have been forced to
m>add a "-H" or "-M" after the name to help distinguish. On my
m>old Nokia phone, each Name entry would hold two numbers.

m>TIA

My T720s allow multiple numbers but the numbers must be stored to the
phone (not the SIM) and you use the different symbols (Main,Work,
Home. etc.) to differentiate the different numbers. Also your
phonebook setup should be "Sort By:Name" and "View: Primary Contacts".
You must make sure that the name is the same for each entry. HTH.
--
Jack
Anonymous

In <ZeBCd.73350$k25.46417@attbi_s53> on Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:28:09 GMT,
"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to put multiple phone numbers under one name entry on
>the Motorola V400? Currently, for people with home and mobile numbers, I
>have one entry for each number ... so I have people's names listed twice in
>the list. I have been forced to add a "-H" or "-M" after the name to help
>distinguish. On my old Nokia phone, each Name entry would hold two numbers.

Motorola isn't as good, but you can display just Primary numbers, which is
similar.

January 5, 2005 1:20:39 AM

In article <ZeBCd.73350$k25.46417@attbi_s53>,
"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to put multiple phone numbers under one name entry on
> the Motorola V400?

Not that I have been able to determine. However they have separate icons
under "TYPE" for Main, Home, Business, Cell

The Sony T637 allows multiple #'s under 1 name entry
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:25:30 AM

Taking a moment's reflection, Jack D. Russell, Sr. mused:

| My T720s allow multiple numbers but the numbers must be stored to the
| phone (not the SIM) and you use the different symbols (Main,Work,
| Home. etc.) to differentiate the different numbers. Also your
| phonebook setup should be "Sort By:Name" and "View: Primary Contacts".
| You must make sure that the name is the same for each entry. HTH.

Combining the last three responses I have achieved what I want. Seems
storing to the SIM is only good for transferring numbers between phones ...
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:42:37 AM

* Date:Thu, 6 Jan 2005 06:35:37 -0500
* Subj: Re: V400 Phone Book

m>Taking a moment's reflection, Jack D. Russell, Sr. mused:

|| My T720s allow multiple numbers but the numbers must be stored
|| to the phone (not the SIM) and you use the different symbols
|| (Main,Work,
|| Home. etc.) to differentiate the different numbers. Also your
|| phonebook setup should be "Sort By:Name" and "View: Primary
|| Contacts".
|| You must make sure that the name is the same for each entry.
|| HTH.

m> Combining the last three responses I have achieved what I
m>want. Seems storing to the SIM is only good for transferring
m>numbers between phones ...

Glad you got it sorted out. I've come to the same conclusion. Voice
dialing, etc. works the same way. If the numbers are stored to the
phone, you're OK but not if they're stored to the SIM.
--
Jack
Anonymous

Taking a moment's reflection, Jack D. Russell, Sr. mused:

| Glad you got it sorted out. I've come to the same conclusion. Voice
| dialing, etc. works the same way. If the numbers are stored to the
| phone, you're OK but not if they're stored to the SIM.

I had been wondering how to get to the voice dialing, Ringer IDs, and
pictures associated with callers ... my V400 defaulted to storing numbers on
the SIM, so none of those features were available. It wasn't until I
accidentally stored one to the phone that I saw what was up. The manual
never really specified that either. ;-)
!