closed caption

My brother has bought a Philips 32"HDTV and has the Bright House HDTV
service also. We have turned on the Closed Caption but it is not working,
any suggestions ? I have read somewhere that some of the cable boxes can be
defective, could that be it. One thing I haven't tried yet, is a dvd.

Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about closed caption

    Try the DVD to determine if set is faulty. Then retrace your setup
    procedures. Oft times there is confusing settings for CC. Like CC on only
    when muted.

    Also ----- Closed Captioning is causing me a wrath of problems from DISH and
    the TV manufacturer. Sony says their TV's wont show closed captioning
    coming in from a digital signal. The receiver for the digital signal must
    provide the closed captioning. Maybe that is what is the problem.

    Lots of luck,

    Jim

    "Jim" <jwhite18816NOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Try the DVD to determine if set is faulty. Then retrace
    your setup
    > procedures. Oft times there is confusing settings for CC.
    Like CC on only
    > when muted.
    >
    > Also ----- Closed Captioning is causing me a wrath of
    problems from DISH and
    > the TV manufacturer. Sony says their TV's wont show
    closed captioning
    > coming in from a digital signal. The receiver for the
    digital signal must
    > provide the closed captioning. Maybe that is what is the
    problem.

    > Lots of luck,
    >
    > Jim
    > "Billy" <nospam@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > My brother has bought a Philips 32"HDTV and has the
    Bright House HDTV
    > > service also. We have turned on the Closed Caption but
    it is not working,
    > > any suggestions ? I have read somewhere that some of the
    cable boxes can
    > > be
    > > defective, could that be it. One thing I haven't tried
    yet, is a dvd.

    > > Thanks

    Does anyone know if, specifically, the Sony Wegas, say the
    42" lcd hdtv, shows CC from the Cablevision i/o digital
    cable system--or other cable systems, for that matter?
    ....tonyC